- About us
- Comments? Questions? ____________________________
- Doctrinal Statement ……….
- Doctrine of 40 Gifts Given at Salvation
- Doctrine of A Fortiori
- Doctrine of Abiding
- Doctrine of Abraham
- Doctrine of Abraham 2
- Doctrine of Abraham and Isaac
- Doctrine of Adam and Eve’s Fall
- Doctrine of Adjustment to the Justice of God
- Doctrine of Adoption
- Doctrine of Adultery
- Doctrine of Advocacy
- Doctrine of Ambassadorship
- Doctrine of Amen
- Doctrine of Angel of Jehovah
- Doctrine of Angelic Conflict
- Doctrine of Angelic Conflict 2
- Doctrine of Angels
- Doctrine of Angle of Jehovah
- Doctrine of AntiChrist
- Doctrine of Apostles
- Doctrine of Applying Doctrine
- Doctrine of Ark of the Covenant
- Doctrine of Armor of God
- Doctrine of Arrogance
- Doctrine of Ascension and Session
- Doctrine of Attributes of God
- Doctrine of Avilability of Divine Power
- Doctrine of Baptism
- Doctrine of Baptism/Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Bema Seat
- Doctrine of Bible
- Doctrine of Bible Promises
- Doctrine of Bible Prophecy
- Doctrine of Bibliology
- Doctrine of Birth of Christ Recalculated
- Doctrine of Bitterness
- Doctrine of Black Liberation Theology
- Doctrine of Blessing by Association
- Doctrine of Blessings
- Doctrine of Blood of Christ
- Doctrine of Boasting
- Doctrine of Body of Christ
- Doctrine of Book of Life
- Doctrine of Bread of Life
- Doctrine of Cain and Able
- Doctrine of Calling
- Doctrine of Canonicity
- Doctrine of Capital Punishment
- Doctrine of Carnality
- Doctrine of Charismatic Cult (Movement)
- Doctrine of Charismatic Lingo and translation
- Doctrine of Christ’s Life Chronology
- Doctrine of Christian Degeneracy
- Doctrine of Christian Loser
- Doctrine of Christian Way of Life
- Doctrine of Christian Women
- Doctrine of Christmas
- Doctrine Of Christ’s Spiritual Death On The Cross
- Doctrine of Church
- Doctrine of Circumcision
- Doctrine of Client Nation
- Doctrine of Common Grace
- Doctrine of Communion
- Doctrine of Confession of Personal Sins
- Doctrine of Confession of Sins
- Doctrine of Convicting Ministry of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Conviction
- Doctrine of Cosmic 1
- Doctrine of Cosmic 2
- Doctrine of Cosmic Dynosphere
- Doctrine of Cosmic System
- Doctrine of Cosmos
- Doctrine of Covenants
- Doctrine of Creation
- Doctrine of Creation of Adam and Eve
- Doctrine of Cross
- Doctrine of Crowns
- Doctrine of Crucifixion in the Ancient World
- Doctrine of Darkness
- Doctrine of Deacons
- Doctrine of Dealing with Demons
- Doctrine of Deaths
- Doctrine of Deity of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of Demonism
- Doctrine of Details of Life
- Doctrine of Dikaiosune
- Doctrine of Discernment
- Doctrine of Dispensations
- Doctrine of Divine Blessings
- Doctrine of Divine Decree(s)
- Doctrine of Divine Discipline
- Doctrine of Divine Dynosphere
- Doctrine of Divine Essence
- Doctrine of Divine Good
- Doctrine of Divine Good Production
- Doctrine of Divine Guidance
- Doctrine of Divine Imperatives
- Doctrine of Divine Institutions
- Doctrine of Divine Love
- Doctrine of Divine Power
- Doctrine of Divorce
- Doctrine of Divorce and Remarriage
- Doctrine of Doctrinal Orientation
- Doctrine of Drinking
- Doctrine of Dying Grace
- Doctrine of Edification Complex of the Soul
- Doctrine of Efficacious Grace
- Doctrine of Election
- Doctrine of Election and Calling
- Doctrine of Encouragement
- Doctrine of Enduement
- Doctrine of Environmentalism
- Doctrine of Epignosis
- Doctrine of Eschatological Judgments
- Doctrine of Essence of God
- Doctrine of Eternal Life
- Doctrine of Eternal Life of God
- Doctrine of Eternal Rewards
- Doctrine of Eternal Security
- Doctrine of Eucharist
- Doctrine of Evidence Testing
- Doctrine of Exegesis
- Doctrine of Faith
- Doctrine of Faith Rest
- Doctrine of Faith Rest Drill
- Doctrine of False Prophets / Teachers
- Doctrine of Fasting
- Doctrine of Fear
- Doctrine of Feast of First Fruits
- Doctrine of Feast of Pentecost
- Doctrine of Feast of Tabernacles
- Doctrine of Feast of Trumpets
- Doctrine of Feast of Unleavened Bread
- Doctrine of Fellowship
- Doctrine of Fellowship with God
- Doctrine of Fig Tree
- Doctrine of Filling of the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Filling of the Holy Spirit 2
- Doctrine of Five Cycles of Dicipline
- Doctrine of Foreknowledge
- Doctrine of Forgiveness
- Doctrine of Fornication
- Doctrine of Forty Things Received at Salvation
- Doctrine of Fourty Grace Gifts at Salvation
- Doctrine of Freedom
- Doctrine of Friend, Friendship with God
- Doctrine of Gap
- Doctrine of Giving
- Doctrine of Gnosis
- Doctrine of God Consciousness
- Doctrine of God is Three Persons
- Doctrine of God the Father
- Doctrine of God the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of God the Son
- Doctrine of Godliness
- Doctrine of Gods Divine Power
- Doctrine of Good Works
- Doctrine of Gospel
- Doctrine of Grace
- Doctrine of Grace Giving
- Doctrine of Grace Orientation
- Doctrine of Greek Verbs
- Doctrine of Grieving the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Halloween
- Doctrine of Halloween
- Doctrine of Hands in Scripture
- Doctrine of Happiness
- Doctrine of Hardening of Heart
- Doctrine of Headship
- Doctrine of Healing
- Doctrine of Heart Kardia
- Doctrine of Heaven
- Doctrine of Heavenly Citizenship (Politeuma Metaphor)
- Doctrine of Hermeneutics
- Doctrine of Hezekiah
- Doctrine of High Priesthood of Christ
- Doctrine of Holiness of God
- Doctrine of Honor
- Doctrine of Human Life
- Doctrine of Human Spirit
- Doctrine of Human Viewpoint
- Doctrine of Hypostatic Union
- Doctrine of Hypostatic Union and Kenosis
- Doctrine of I.C.E. Teaching
- Doctrine of Impeccability
- Doctrine of Impersonal Love
- Doctrine of Impersonal Love for all Mankind
- Doctrine of Importance of Application of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Doctrine 2
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Study
- Doctrine of Importance of Prophecy
- Doctrine of Imputation
- Doctrine of Incarnation
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine Of Indwelling Of The Trinity 2
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Trinity
- Doctrine of Inheritance
- Doctrine of Insperation, Inerrancy, and Infallibility
- Doctrine of Interpretation
- Doctrine of Invisible Assets
- Doctrine of Invisible Hero
- Doctrine of Jesus and Nicodemus
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Controlling History
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Controls History
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Experience on the Cross
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ in the Tabernacle
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Resurrection
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Seven Trials
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ’s Life
- Doctrine of Judaizers
- Doctrine of Judgement Seat of Christ
- Doctrine of Judgements
- Doctrine of Justice of God
- Doctrine of Justification
- Doctrine of Kenosis
- Doctrine of Kinsmen Redeemer
- Doctrine of Lamb’s Book of Life
- Doctrine of Lapsarianism
- Doctrine of Last Judgement
- Doctrine of Laying Down your Life for your Friends
- Doctrine of Legalism
- Doctrine of Levitical Priesthood
- Doctrine of Light
- Doctrine of Living Grace
- Doctrine of Logistical Grace
- Doctrine of Logistical Grace (Revised)
- Doctrine of Lord’s Supper
- Doctrine of Lordship Salvation (false)
- Doctrine of Lord’s Prayer
- Doctrine of Loser Believer
- Doctrine of Love
- Doctrine of Love
- Doctrine of Manna
- Doctrine of Marriage
- Doctrine of Marriage Culture
- Doctrine of Mary (Mother of Jesus)
- Doctrine of Melchizedek
- Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins
- Doctrine of Mentorship of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Mercy
- Doctrine of Metabolization of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Millennium
- Doctrine of Mishna
- Doctrine of Momentum Testing
- Doctrine of Mosaic Law
- Doctrine of Mysteries Surrounding the Cross
- Doctrine of Mystery
- Doctrine of Names and Titles of God
- Doctrine of Necromancers and Mediums
- Doctrine of Negitive Volition Towards Doctrine
- Doctrine of New Species
- Doctrine of New Spiritual Species
- Doctrine of New Testament Commandments
- Doctrine of Noah and the Ark and Flood
- Doctrine of Occupation with Christ
- Doctrine of Occupation with Christ
- Doctrine of Occupation with Person of Christ
- Doctrine of Offensive
- Doctrine of Old Sin Nature
- Doctrine of Omnipotence of God
- Doctrine of Omnipresence of God
- Doctrine of Omniscience of God
- Doctrine of Operation Footstool
- Doctrine of Operation Z
- Doctrine of Origin of the Soul
- Doctrine of Passover
- Doctrine of Pastor Teacher
- Doctrine of Paul the Apostle
- Doctrine of Pauls Chronology of his Life
- Doctrine of Peace
- Doctrine of Persecutions
- Doctrine of Perseverance
- Doctrine of Personal Love for God
- Doctrine of Personal Sense of Destiny
- Doctrine of Pistis
- Doctrine of Pivot
- Doctrine Of Portfolio Of Invisible Assets
- Doctrine of Positional Truth
- Doctrine of Post-Salvation Sinning
- Doctrine of Power of God
- Doctrine of Prayer
- Doctrine of Prayer 1
- Doctrine of Pre-Trib Rapture
- Doctrine of Predestination, Election and Foreknowledge
- Doctrine of Preexistence of Christ
- Doctrine of Priesthood
- Doctrine of Priesthood of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of Problem-Solving Devices
- Doctrine of Promises of God
- Doctrine of Prophets and Prophecy
- Doctrine of Propitiation
- Doctrine of Prosperity
- Doctrine of Protocol Plan of God
- Doctrine of Protocol Plan of God cont.
- Doctrine of Quenching the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Quenching the Spirit
- Doctrine of Rapture
- Doctrine of Rapture Pre-Tribulation
- Doctrine of Rearing Children
- Doctrine of Rearing Children
- Doctrine of Rebound
- Doctrine of Reconciliation
- Doctrine of Recovery Procedure for Rebound
- Doctrine of Redemption
- Doctrine of Regeneration
- Doctrine of Religious Babylon
- Doctrine of Repentance
- Doctrine of Rest
- Doctrine of Resurrection
- Doctrine of Retrogression
- Doctrine of Reversionism
- Doctrine of Right Man Right Woman
- Doctrine of Righteousness
- Doctrine of Roman History
- Doctrine of Royal Family of God
- Doctrine of Royal Family Unity
- Doctrine of Royal Imperatives
- Doctrine of Salvation
- Doctrine of Salvation Adjustment to the Justice of God
- Doctrine of Salvation False Ploy
- Doctrine of Salvation False Ploy; Lordship
- Doctrine of Sanctification
- Doctrine of Satan
- Doctrine of Satan and Demonism
- Doctrine of Satan’s Counterfeits
- Doctrine of Satan’s Indictments
- Doctrine of Satan’s Strategy
- Doctrine of Satanic War Plan
- Doctrine of Scar Tissue of the Soul
- Doctrine of Second Advent of Christ
- Doctrine of Separation
- Doctrine of Session of Christ
- Doctrine of Seven Feasts of Israel
- Doctrine of Seven Ministries of God the Holy Spirit At Salvation
- Doctrine of Sex
- Doctrine of Shame
- Doctrine of Sharing the Happiness of God
- Doctrine of Sharing the Happiness of God
- Doctrine of Shekinah Glory
- Doctrine of Sickness
- Doctrine of Signs and Wonders
- Doctrine of Sin
- Doctrine of Sin Unto Death
- Doctrine of Sinfull Trend of Adam
- Doctrine of Sins of the Tongue
- Doctrine of Slave Market of Sin
- Doctrine of Soul & Spirit
- Doctrine of Soul Essence
- Doctrine of Souls Frame of Reference
- Doctrine of Sovereignty of God
- Doctrine of Soverignty of God
- Doctrine of Sowing and Reaping
- Doctrine of Spirit Filled Life
- Doctrine of Spiritual Death
- Doctrine of Spiritual Death of Jesus Christ (Substitutionary)
- Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
- Doctrine of Spiritual Life
- Doctrine of Spiritual Maturity
- Doctrine of Spiritual Metabolism
- Doctrine of Spiritual Self Esteem
- Doctrine of Spiritual Warfare
- Doctrine of Spirituality
- Doctrine of Spirituality & Carnality
- Doctrine of Stewardship
- Doctrine of Stress
- Doctrine of Strong Drink
- Doctrine of Stumbling Blocks
- Doctrine of Suffering
- Doctrine of Supergrace
- Doctrine of Surpassing Grace Blessings
- Doctrine of Sword of the Spirit
- Doctrine of Tabernacle
- Doctrine of Taking Up One’s Cross
- Doctrine of Temporary Spiritual Gifts
- Doctrine of Ten PSD’s
- Doctrine of Testing
- Doctrine of Testing Characteristic
- Doctrine of Testing; Evidence Testing
- Doctrine of Tests; Water
- Doctrine of Thanksgiving
- Doctrine of The 12 Apostles
- Doctrine of the Rock
- Doctrine of Thorn in the Flesh
- Doctrine of Tithes and Offerings
- Doctrine of Tithing Part 1
- Doctrine of Tithing Part 2
- Doctrine of Tongues
- Doctrine of Tongues; Ceased in 70 AD.
- Doctrine of Tongues; History
- Doctrine of Tree of Life
- Doctrine of Trinity
- Doctrine of Undeserved Suffering
- Doctrine Of Unique Royal Commissions
- Doctrine of Unites States in Prophecy
- Doctrine of unity in Royal family of God
- Doctrine of Unlimited Atonement
- Doctrine of Unpardonable Sin
- Doctrine of Veracity of God
- Doctrine of Vine and Branches
- Doctrine of Virgin Birth
- Doctrine of Volition
- Doctrine of Walking
- Doctrine of Walking in the Light
- Doctrine of War
- Doctrine of Water Baptism
- Doctrine of Welfare State
- Doctrine of Will of God
- Doctrine of Wine
- Doctrine of Winner Believer
- Doctrine of Wisdom
- Doctrine of Witnessing
- Doctrine of Womb
- Doctrine of Work Forbidden by the Talmud on the Sabbath
- Doctrine of Works
- Doctrine of Worship
- Doctrine of Worship
- Doctrine of Worthless Mind
- Doctrine of Zeal ____________________________
- Literal Translation, Bible N/T
- Streaming Audio Bible Classes ***
- Study Tools for Bible Study *** ____________________________
- z The Great Pyramid of Giza
July 23, 2010
Doctrine of Characteristic of Testing
Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Scripture reading 1 Peter 1:1-9
All pastors know that sooner or later every Christian will face some kind of a crisis. The fact is that there will be more than one, and each one is designed to give the believer an opportunity to glorify God. The main issue in every crisis test is this:
Do I believe in God’s Word?
Will I claim God’s Word or will I fall apart?
Will I get upset?
Will I be afraid?
Will I become destabilized in some manner?
Will I live in panic palace?
Will I claim the promises that are pertinent to the situation?
We call these crises’s testing; they are a test of our momentum in our life of faith. But what we must never forget is that the test of our momentum is precious in the sight of God.
“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:”
The Principle of Momentum Testing. There are 8 principles of Momentum testing, but today we are only going to look at two.
1. Momentum testing is designed for two reasons.
a. To provide the believer with the opportunity to apply doctrine he has learned. You apply different doctrines to different situations, and some doctrines have a quite different application in our unseen worship with God.
b. To accelerate the believer’s momentum.
2. No believer attains maturity apart from momentum testing.
Just as there are 8 principles of Momentum testing, there are also 8 categories of tests. The first three tests are general categories of testing that occur in all stages of spiritual growth. The remaining 5 are administered after the believer enters spiritual autonomy and advances to the three stages of spiritual maturity. Because of the importance of this “Characteristic of Faith”, this message will take two weeks. Today we are going to look at the general momentum test that every believer will experience all his life. These test are repetitive, and are common to us all.
1. The Old Sin Nature Test
The old sin nature is the inside source of temptation. No one ever sins apart from human consent. Volition is your authority in your soul. Volition is the guardian of the soul from the temptations thrown up by the old sin nature. If the volition says yes to the temptation, then the momentum testing old sin nature controls the soul rather than the Holy Spirit. Gal 5 teaches this inner struggle. Human volition then is the source of all sin regardless of how the temptation came about. There are two results of sinning, the old sin nature controls the soul and the believer enters the cosmic system.
Therefore, the believer is either spiritual living inside the divine dynasphere, or carnal, living inside the cosmic system. Most temptations come from within, from the old sin nature, but some come from without, from someone else’s old sin nature. For the believer living in the divine dynasphere, all suffering is designed for blessing. Therefore, suffering for blessing becomes momentum test.
Finally, on this first test, there are seven points to remember.
(1) No believer can sin when he is residing inside the divine dynasphere.
(2) When human volition decides to sin, the believer ejects from the divine dynasphere, commits the sin and becomes involved in the cosmic system. Inside the divine dynasphere the believer can resist temptation through the application of doctrine.
(3) In the cosmic system the believer only has one option, to escape through the use of rebound.
(4) No believer ever sins apart from the use of his own free will.
(5) In cosmic one the believer grieves the Holy Spirit; in cosmic two the believer quenches the Holy Spirit.
(6) Only volition as the guardian of the soul can protect the believer from the pressure of temptation.
(7) There are two applications of Bible doctrine in this gate: resistance of temptation and recovery from sinfulness. You are either resisting or recovering.
This is the easiest test to pass; yet this is where most believers spend the majority of their lives. The believer uses the recovery drill, confession, to get out of the cosmic system; then he uses the application drill to endure suffering for blessing.
RECOVERY DRILL APPLICATION DRILL
Issue: Sin Grace function
Category: Self-induced misery Suffering for blessing
Status quo: Arrogance Humility/Objectivity
Solution: Confession 3 stages of the faith-rest drill
2. Cosmic #1 Test.
1 John 2:15 Love not the world (cosmic system), neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
There are 12 entrances or gates into Satan’s world order. Each entrance produces arrogance or pride in the believer, which prevents him or her from seeing his or her own blindness.
Gate 1 cosmic one: motivational evil includes all the mental attitude sins. Arrogance includes pride, jealousy, bitterness, hatred, anger, guilt, revenge, vindictiveness, implacability, self-pity, and operation overthink.
Gate 2, negative volition arrogance, is preoccupation with self, loss of self-values, loss of personality identity, loss of spiritual self-esteem, all lost due to apathy.
Gate 3, authority arrogance, produces unteachable people.
Gate 4, self-righteous arrogance, includes crusader arrogance.
Gate 5, sexual arrogance.
Gate 6, criminal arrogance.
Gate 7, psychopathic arrogance, is usually induced through a life in cosmic one.
Gate 8, the arrogance of unhappiness, is subjective preoccupation with self.
Gate 9, iconoclastic arrogance, is subjective preoccupation with others.
Gate 10, intellectual and emotional arrogance, is also known as rational and irrational arrogance.
Gate 11, achievement arrogance, includes the arrogance of Christian service.
Gate 12, client nation arrogance, includes Christian activism and civil disobedience.
This form of blind arrogance comes from having no doctrine in your soul, so that you have nothing to apply to the problems of life. Therefore, you have blind arrogance or soul blindness. Blind souls are always looking for alleviation from their own self-induced misery. They are pleasure seekers. They are Believers without Bible doctrine walking in the dark. Satan himself was blinded by his arrogance.
Arrogance leads to irrationality. For arrogance destroys personal capabilities and resents those same abilities in others. What you destroy in your own soul through arrogance, you will be jealous of in others, when you see those sane characteristics in them. You see yourself and resent the other person. You become a zero soul (no doctrine), and you convert morality into arrogant self-righteousness. Arrogant self-righteousness leads to crusader arrogance, because you have to feed your nothing-soul. Eventually you develop hang-ups.
There are two kinds of hang-ups:
Blind hang-ups, which come from, blind arrogance, the expression of arrogance without personality identity.
Known hang-ups come from self-consciousness related to pride.
Finally, hang-ups are classified as syndromes. Syndromes are the symptoms of arrogant hang-ups. These are symptoms typical of a condition, the condition being arrogance.
The great enemy of momentum is the various syndromes of arrogance.
(a) The legalistic syndrome.
(b) The guilt syndrome.
(c) The emotional syndrome.
(d) The fear syndrome.
(e) The inadequacy syndrome.
(f) The socialist syndrome.
(g) The liberalist syndrome.
(h) Anti-establishment syndrome.
(i) Anti-semitism/prejudice syndrome.
3. Cosmic #2 Test.
This is Satan’s interlocking system of antagonism toward the Christian way of life and toward our Lord. The direct attack of cosmic two is to cause believers to become antagonistic to the Word of God, and consequently, toward the plan of God. While cosmic one produces arrogant preoccupation with self as a distraction to the plan of God, cosmic two involves the means by which one becomes antagonistic toward spiritual things.
There are nine gates.
(1) The old sin nature gate.
(2) The negative volition gate now involves an antagonistic negative volition.
(3) Cosmic degeneration, moral and immoral.
(4) The anti-establishment gate.
(5) The demonism gate is where we are influenced by cosmic thinking.
(6) The gate of cosmic panaceas is about how we are going to change the world by our own effort without the plan of God and without the pivot.
(7) The religious gate, the Satanic counterfeit.
(8) The anthropocentric academic speculation gate is about trying to reconcile some academic subject with Bible doctrine, and in so doing compromise the protocol plan of God, your own spiritual life, and the academic subject.
(9) The gate of concentrated evil.
The cosmic system is the tactical trap for the enslavement of the human race to Satan; it is a factory for the manufacture of losers.
In summary of the last two test, this is the difference between them:
Cosmic One Cosmic Two
Grieving the Holy Spirit. Quenching the Holy Spirit.
Emphasizes self arrogance; Emphasizes antagonism of the
in contrast to God. priorities of God; human viewpoint in
contrast to divine viewpoint.
Target: self. Bible doctrine, Jesus Christ.
Emphasizes Satan’s attitude Satan’s attitude at the time of
at the time of his fall. man’s fall.
Satan’s philosophy in the Satan’s philosophy during human
prehistoric angelic conflict. history as the extension of
the angelic conflict.
In cosmic one man is inculcated In cosmic two the believer is inculcated
with the attitude of Satan with the attitude of Satan as the ruler
before man was created: arrogance. of this world after the fall of man.
Satan’s attitude as the ruler Satan’s policy as the ruler of this
of fallen angels. world.
Man becomes a slave to self. Man becomes a slave of Satan.
What is the answer to these tests, common to all believers:
Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
The Characteristic of Testing II
4. Disaster Testing.
a. Before the believer reaches maturity, there are one or two major disasters in the life. How the believer handles these determines whether he accelerates his spiritual growth or retreats and goes backward.
b. There are two categories of disaster testing.
(1) Personal disaster testing is designed as suffering for blessing for acceleration of momentum, or warning of cosmic involvement, in which case divine discipline becomes involved.
(2) Historical disaster, collective disaster, or national disaster testing is related to the bad decisions of others in which you are involved by association. For example, a lot of people suffer unfairly when the president decides to go to war.
c. There are at least six characteristics of disaster testing.
(1) Pain, e.g., physical or mental pain and anguish.
(2) Crime, where you are the victim.
(3) Persecution (not paranoia).
(4) Privation, meaning hunger, thirst, exposure, fatigue.
(5) Loss of loved ones, property, success, money, etc.
(6) Disease and handicaps.
d. There are four characteristics of national disaster.
(1) Violence, crime, terrorism, dope, murder.
(3) Weather includes heat, cold, storm, blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes.
(4) Cycles of discipline.
e. Disaster testing always tests our emotions. In emotionalism you may seek to sue someone who is negligent, which is only revenge, and you become a loser. You can lose by gaining, and gain by losing.
f. The only wealth worth having is the wealth that God provides in escrow blessing. In this momentum test, there is always the temptation to take the easy route of money, security, fame, and lose forever the conveyance of escrow blessing. There is always the disaster that will make you prosperous. This is a test. You lose the chance of receiving your escrow blessing.
g. Historical downtrend is a maximum number of people in a given area living in the cosmic system.
h. There must be maximum faith, maximum spiritual self-esteem, maximum spiritual maturity if you are going to have your escrow blessing and pass the disaster test. Illustration: See the Doctrine of Economic Depression.
5. People Testing.
a. People testing comes in two categories.
(1) In personal love or admiration, the object of your love often controls your life or provides for you unhappiness, unless you have attained spiritual self-esteem, spiritual autonomy, or spiritual maturity. In wanting to please the object of your personal love, you find yourself being a different person and not following your normal function.
(2) In personal hatred or animosity, the object of your antagonism or irritation often has control of your life or happiness, unless you have advanced to spiritual adulthood.
b. Under the protocol plan of God, God designed His plan so that your happiness will always reside in you, and you do not depend on people or things for your happiness. As a function of your royal priesthood it all comes from within. You are supposed to have personal control of your life, a personal sense of destiny, self-confidence from metabolized doctrine, and therefore, poise and command of self. Therefore, you bring your happiness to others, but do not lean on others or circumstances for your happiness.
c. People are easily led away from the plan of God and doctrine by their friendships, love life, and even hatred.
d. So unless you attain spiritual adulthood, every time you fall in love or acquire a friend, the object controls your life and your happiness.
e. Without impersonal love from spiritual autonomy, you become a slave to people. When you fall in love, look how you act, how you change your modus operandi, how you begin to think in different terms relating everything you do to that person.
f. So when you make a friend or fall in love, when you become jealous, possessive, when you hate anyone who has it over you; you’ve immediately become a slave. You’ve manufactured for yourself many problems, and they’re not all the fault of the object.
g. The solution to people testing is found in the combination of personal love for God and impersonal love for all mankind. The function of spiritual autonomy in the use of virtue love. Spiritual autonomy is the prerequisite for solving all problems of human relationship, i.e., of people testing, also accompanied by system and thought testing. This combination only exists in the three stages of spiritual adulthood.
h. Virtue-love as a problem solving device belongs primarily to the spiritual adult. Without it, you are constantly surrendering the control of your life to others. When you become jealous, angry, bitter, vindictive, or implacable; when you are dissatisfied, antagonistic toward someone else, friend or stranger, lover or enemy; you surrender the control of your life to that person. You become a slave to the object of your antagonism or love. At the same time, you have no control over your life, canceling all the characteristics of spiritual self-esteem and spiritual autonomy.
i. When someone else has control of your life through hatred or love, you enter into the law of volitional responsibility with its self-induced misery.
j. Virtue-love as a problem solving device is the secret of your relationship with God, mankind, and in personal love. There is no built-in virtue in personal love, which only requires that another meet your standards of beauty, attractiveness, and rapport. Therefore, to make a personal love relationship work, the believer must use a virtue base totally outside himself. Otherwise, people will make him miserable all his life.
k. Personal love is only a virtue when directed toward God. Impersonal love is only a virtue when directed toward all mankind.
l. This means that through impersonal love, the believer has control of his own life and he maintains control of his own happiness. Therefore, disappointment, disillusion, frustration, dissatisfaction with others cannot mar his happiness under the principle of misery derived from getting your eyes on people.
r. When you react to people in some form of antagonism, they immediately have control over your life, so that you resort to either mental or verbal hostility or even violence. To recover control you must have impersonal love. Most believers never get this far.
s. Therefore, you destroy the person who has control over your life, and at the same time you destroy your own happiness when you are frustrated and react from any phase of the arrogance complex. Response and reaction to people become a distraction to momentum in the plan of God. Response results in cosmic evangelism, whereas reaction leads to motivational and functional evil.
w. Since happiness is the monopoly of God and His plan, you cannot depend upon people or circumstances for your happiness. So if you surrender your happiness to someone else, you will blame that person for everything that goes wrong in your life. In personal love or hatred, the object controls your life. When you become upset with someone, you surrender the custody of your happiness to that person. When you blame them for your unhappiness, which is produced by your own volition, you have intensified the suffering in your life under the law of volitional responsibility. Grace disappears and you try to mold the life of those around you. You can no longer deal with your problems from the strength of your own priesthood.
x. As the believer grows spiritually in the divine dynasphere, he becomes aware of this pattern, rebounds quickly, and any suffering left over he can scoop up for blessing, and he moves on!
cc. 1 Cor 15:33, “Be not deceived, evil companions corrupt good morals.” We create evil companions, by being intimate with those who distract us from Bible doctrine, by allowing them to control our life and happiness. Prov 13:20, “He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the friends of fools will suffer evil.” 2 Thes 3:14, “If anyone does not obey our doctrine through this letter, take special note of that person and do not associate with them.”
dd. Jer 17:5-8 teaches the importance of personal love for God and spiritual self-esteem in people testing. “Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mankind; And makes flesh his strength; And whose heart turns away from the Lord.” Prov 9:7-12 says that in spiritual self-esteem you mind your own business and yet are friendly and intimate with others. Prov 10:8, 12 says that you are not insulted by being under someone else’s authority; “virtue-love covers all wrongs” means you protect the privacy of others. Prov 10:22; 11:13, 17, 22, “A virtuous person keeps a secret; kindness is beneficial to self, while cruelty brings oneself harm.” Prov 12:1,15; 13:10-11; 15:17, 32; 15:32; 19:3; 21:19.
ee. So impersonal love does not function effectively until the believer attains spiritual autonomy. No one really becomes spiritually mature until his relationships are all handled by impersonal love from spiritual autonomy. The sooner your friends reach spiritual autonomy, the more tranquil your life will be because they will tolerate you as you are. Impersonal love is the sum total of the believer’s honor, integrity, and objectivity first acquired in attainment of spiritual self-esteem, but becomes strong in spiritual autonomy.
ff. People testing is a part of cosmic evangelism by those you either love or hate. Cosmic evangelistic appeal is generally based on some form of arrogance, which may be disguised in the form of flattery, intellectuality or affection or even passion.
gg. The moral cosmic evangelist is affectionate without being passionate, and with affection lures you into the cosmic system. The immoral cosmic believer is passionate without being affectionate, and with passion lures you into the cosmic system. In either case, friendship or sex become more important than Bible doctrine. Cosmic evangelism never attracts you through capacity for love, or honor or integrity or virtue. The tool of the cosmic evangelist is always arrogance.