- About us
- Comments? Questions? ____________________________
- Doctrinal Statement ……….
- Doctrine of 40 Gifts Given at Salvation
- Doctrine of A Fortiori
- Doctrine of Abiding
- Doctrine of Abraham
- Doctrine of Abraham 2
- Doctrine of Abraham and Isaac
- Doctrine of Adam and Eve’s Fall
- Doctrine of Adjustment to the Justice of God
- Doctrine of Adoption
- Doctrine of Adultery
- Doctrine of Advocacy
- Doctrine of Ambassadorship
- Doctrine of Amen
- Doctrine of Angel of Jehovah
- Doctrine of Angelic Conflict
- Doctrine of Angelic Conflict 2
- Doctrine of Angels
- Doctrine of Angle of Jehovah
- Doctrine of AntiChrist
- Doctrine of Apostles
- Doctrine of Applying Doctrine
- Doctrine of Ark of the Covenant
- Doctrine of Armor of God
- Doctrine of Arrogance
- Doctrine of Ascension and Session
- Doctrine of Attributes of God
- Doctrine of Avilability of Divine Power
- Doctrine of Baptism
- Doctrine of Baptism/Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Bema Seat
- Doctrine of Bible
- Doctrine of Bible Promises
- Doctrine of Bible Prophecy
- Doctrine of Bibliology
- Doctrine of Birth of Christ Recalculated
- Doctrine of Bitterness
- Doctrine of Black Liberation Theology
- Doctrine of Blessing by Association
- Doctrine of Blessings
- Doctrine of Blood of Christ
- Doctrine of Boasting
- Doctrine of Body of Christ
- Doctrine of Book of Life
- Doctrine of Bread of Life
- Doctrine of Cain and Able
- Doctrine of Calling
- Doctrine of Canonicity
- Doctrine of Capital Punishment
- Doctrine of Carnality
- Doctrine of Charismatic Cult (Movement)
- Doctrine of Charismatic Lingo and translation
- Doctrine of Christ’s Life Chronology
- Doctrine of Christian Degeneracy
- Doctrine of Christian Loser
- Doctrine of Christian Way of Life
- Doctrine of Christian Women
- Doctrine of Christmas
- Doctrine Of Christ’s Spiritual Death On The Cross
- Doctrine of Church
- Doctrine of Circumcision
- Doctrine of Client Nation
- Doctrine of Common Grace
- Doctrine of Communion
- Doctrine of Confession of Personal Sins
- Doctrine of Confession of Sins
- Doctrine of Convicting Ministry of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Conviction
- Doctrine of Cosmic 1
- Doctrine of Cosmic 2
- Doctrine of Cosmic Dynosphere
- Doctrine of Cosmic System
- Doctrine of Cosmos
- Doctrine of Covenants
- Doctrine of Creation
- Doctrine of Creation of Adam and Eve
- Doctrine of Cross
- Doctrine of Crowns
- Doctrine of Crucifixion in the Ancient World
- Doctrine of Darkness
- Doctrine of Deacons
- Doctrine of Dealing with Demons
- Doctrine of Deaths
- Doctrine of Deity of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of Demonism
- Doctrine of Details of Life
- Doctrine of Dikaiosune
- Doctrine of Discernment
- Doctrine of Dispensations
- Doctrine of Divine Blessings
- Doctrine of Divine Decree(s)
- Doctrine of Divine Discipline
- Doctrine of Divine Dynosphere
- Doctrine of Divine Essence
- Doctrine of Divine Good
- Doctrine of Divine Good Production
- Doctrine of Divine Guidance
- Doctrine of Divine Imperatives
- Doctrine of Divine Institutions
- Doctrine of Divine Love
- Doctrine of Divine Power
- Doctrine of Divorce
- Doctrine of Divorce and Remarriage
- Doctrine of Doctrinal Orientation
- Doctrine of Drinking
- Doctrine of Dying Grace
- Doctrine of Edification Complex of the Soul
- Doctrine of Efficacious Grace
- Doctrine of Election
- Doctrine of Election and Calling
- Doctrine of Encouragement
- Doctrine of Enduement
- Doctrine of Environmentalism
- Doctrine of Epignosis
- Doctrine of Eschatological Judgments
- Doctrine of Essence of God
- Doctrine of Eternal Life
- Doctrine of Eternal Life of God
- Doctrine of Eternal Rewards
- Doctrine of Eternal Security
- Doctrine of Eucharist
- Doctrine of Evidence Testing
- Doctrine of Exegesis
- Doctrine of Faith
- Doctrine of Faith Rest
- Doctrine of Faith Rest Drill
- Doctrine of False Prophets / Teachers
- Doctrine of Fasting
- Doctrine of Fear
- Doctrine of Feast of First Fruits
- Doctrine of Feast of Pentecost
- Doctrine of Feast of Tabernacles
- Doctrine of Feast of Trumpets
- Doctrine of Feast of Unleavened Bread
- Doctrine of Fellowship
- Doctrine of Fellowship with God
- Doctrine of Fig Tree
- Doctrine of Filling of the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Filling of the Holy Spirit 2
- Doctrine of Five Cycles of Dicipline
- Doctrine of Foreknowledge
- Doctrine of Forgiveness
- Doctrine of Fornication
- Doctrine of Forty Things Received at Salvation
- Doctrine of Fourty Grace Gifts at Salvation
- Doctrine of Freedom
- Doctrine of Friend, Friendship with God
- Doctrine of Gap
- Doctrine of Giving
- Doctrine of Gnosis
- Doctrine of God Consciousness
- Doctrine of God is Three Persons
- Doctrine of God the Father
- Doctrine of God the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of God the Son
- Doctrine of Godliness
- Doctrine of Gods Divine Power
- Doctrine of Good Works
- Doctrine of Gospel
- Doctrine of Grace
- Doctrine of Grace Giving
- Doctrine of Grace Orientation
- Doctrine of Greek Verbs
- Doctrine of Grieving the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Halloween
- Doctrine of Halloween
- Doctrine of Hands in Scripture
- Doctrine of Happiness
- Doctrine of Hardening of Heart
- Doctrine of Headship
- Doctrine of Healing
- Doctrine of Heart Kardia
- Doctrine of Heaven
- Doctrine of Heavenly Citizenship (Politeuma Metaphor)
- Doctrine of Hermeneutics
- Doctrine of Hezekiah
- Doctrine of High Priesthood of Christ
- Doctrine of Holiness of God
- Doctrine of Honor
- Doctrine of Human Life
- Doctrine of Human Spirit
- Doctrine of Human Viewpoint
- Doctrine of Hypostatic Union
- Doctrine of Hypostatic Union and Kenosis
- Doctrine of I.C.E. Teaching
- Doctrine of Impeccability
- Doctrine of Impersonal Love
- Doctrine of Impersonal Love for all Mankind
- Doctrine of Importance of Application of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Doctrine 2
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Study
- Doctrine of Importance of Prophecy
- Doctrine of Imputation
- Doctrine of Incarnation
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine Of Indwelling Of The Trinity 2
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Trinity
- Doctrine of Inheritance
- Doctrine of Insperation, Inerrancy, and Infallibility
- Doctrine of Interpretation
- Doctrine of Invisible Assets
- Doctrine of Invisible Hero
- Doctrine of Jesus and Nicodemus
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Controlling History
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Controls History
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Experience on the Cross
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ in the Tabernacle
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Resurrection
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Seven Trials
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ’s Life
- Doctrine of Judaizers
- Doctrine of Judgement Seat of Christ
- Doctrine of Judgements
- Doctrine of Justice of God
- Doctrine of Justification
- Doctrine of Kenosis
- Doctrine of Kinsmen Redeemer
- Doctrine of Lamb’s Book of Life
- Doctrine of Lapsarianism
- Doctrine of Last Judgement
- Doctrine of Laying Down your Life for your Friends
- Doctrine of Legalism
- Doctrine of Levitical Priesthood
- Doctrine of Light
- Doctrine of Living Grace
- Doctrine of Logistical Grace
- Doctrine of Logistical Grace (Revised)
- Doctrine of Lord’s Supper
- Doctrine of Lordship Salvation (false)
- Doctrine of Lord’s Prayer
- Doctrine of Loser Believer
- Doctrine of Love
- Doctrine of Love
- Doctrine of Manna
- Doctrine of Marriage
- Doctrine of Marriage Culture
- Doctrine of Mary (Mother of Jesus)
- Doctrine of Melchizedek
- Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins
- Doctrine of Mentorship of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Mercy
- Doctrine of Metabolization of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Millennium
- Doctrine of Mishna
- Doctrine of Momentum Testing
- Doctrine of Mosaic Law
- Doctrine of Mysteries Surrounding the Cross
- Doctrine of Mystery
- Doctrine of Names and Titles of God
- Doctrine of Necromancers and Mediums
- Doctrine of Negitive Volition Towards Doctrine
- Doctrine of New Species
- Doctrine of New Spiritual Species
- Doctrine of New Testament Commandments
- Doctrine of Noah and the Ark and Flood
- Doctrine of Occupation with Christ
- Doctrine of Occupation with Christ
- Doctrine of Occupation with Person of Christ
- Doctrine of Offensive
- Doctrine of Old Sin Nature
- Doctrine of Omnipotence of God
- Doctrine of Omnipresence of God
- Doctrine of Omniscience of God
- Doctrine of Operation Footstool
- Doctrine of Operation Z
- Doctrine of Origin of the Soul
- Doctrine of Passover
- Doctrine of Pastor Teacher
- Doctrine of Paul the Apostle
- Doctrine of Pauls Chronology of his Life
- Doctrine of Peace
- Doctrine of Persecutions
- Doctrine of Perseverance
- Doctrine of Personal Love for God
- Doctrine of Personal Sense of Destiny
- Doctrine of Pistis
- Doctrine of Pivot
- Doctrine Of Portfolio Of Invisible Assets
- Doctrine of Positional Truth
- Doctrine of Post-Salvation Sinning
- Doctrine of Power of God
- Doctrine of Prayer
- Doctrine of Prayer 1
- Doctrine of Pre-Trib Rapture
- Doctrine of Predestination, Election and Foreknowledge
- Doctrine of Preexistence of Christ
- Doctrine of Priesthood
- Doctrine of Priesthood of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of Problem-Solving Devices
- Doctrine of Promises of God
- Doctrine of Prophets and Prophecy
- Doctrine of Propitiation
- Doctrine of Prosperity
- Doctrine of Protocol Plan of God
- Doctrine of Protocol Plan of God cont.
- Doctrine of Quenching the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Quenching the Spirit
- Doctrine of Rapture
- Doctrine of Rapture Pre-Tribulation
- Doctrine of Rearing Children
- Doctrine of Rearing Children
- Doctrine of Rebound
- Doctrine of Reconciliation
- Doctrine of Recovery Procedure for Rebound
- Doctrine of Redemption
- Doctrine of Regeneration
- Doctrine of Religious Babylon
- Doctrine of Repentance
- Doctrine of Rest
- Doctrine of Resurrection
- Doctrine of Retrogression
- Doctrine of Reversionism
- Doctrine of Right Man Right Woman
- Doctrine of Righteousness
- Doctrine of Roman History
- Doctrine of Royal Family of God
- Doctrine of Royal Family Unity
- Doctrine of Royal Imperatives
- Doctrine of Salvation
- Doctrine of Salvation Adjustment to the Justice of God
- Doctrine of Salvation False Ploy
- Doctrine of Salvation False Ploy; Lordship
- Doctrine of Sanctification
- Doctrine of Satan
- Doctrine of Satan and Demonism
- Doctrine of Satan’s Counterfeits
- Doctrine of Satan’s Indictments
- Doctrine of Satan’s Strategy
- Doctrine of Satanic War Plan
- Doctrine of Scar Tissue of the Soul
- Doctrine of Second Advent of Christ
- Doctrine of Separation
- Doctrine of Session of Christ
- Doctrine of Seven Feasts of Israel
- Doctrine of Seven Ministries of God the Holy Spirit At Salvation
- Doctrine of Sex
- Doctrine of Shame
- Doctrine of Sharing the Happiness of God
- Doctrine of Sharing the Happiness of God
- Doctrine of Shekinah Glory
- Doctrine of Sickness
- Doctrine of Signs and Wonders
- Doctrine of Sin
- Doctrine of Sin Unto Death
- Doctrine of Sinfull Trend of Adam
- Doctrine of Sins of the Tongue
- Doctrine of Slave Market of Sin
- Doctrine of Soul & Spirit
- Doctrine of Soul Essence
- Doctrine of Souls Frame of Reference
- Doctrine of Sovereignty of God
- Doctrine of Soverignty of God
- Doctrine of Sowing and Reaping
- Doctrine of Spirit Filled Life
- Doctrine of Spiritual Death
- Doctrine of Spiritual Death of Jesus Christ (Substitutionary)
- Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
- Doctrine of Spiritual Life
- Doctrine of Spiritual Maturity
- Doctrine of Spiritual Metabolism
- Doctrine of Spiritual Self Esteem
- Doctrine of Spiritual Warfare
- Doctrine of Spirituality
- Doctrine of Spirituality & Carnality
- Doctrine of Stewardship
- Doctrine of Stress
- Doctrine of Strong Drink
- Doctrine of Stumbling Blocks
- Doctrine of Suffering
- Doctrine of Supergrace
- Doctrine of Surpassing Grace Blessings
- Doctrine of Sword of the Spirit
- Doctrine of Tabernacle
- Doctrine of Taking Up One’s Cross
- Doctrine of Temporary Spiritual Gifts
- Doctrine of Ten PSD’s
- Doctrine of Testing
- Doctrine of Testing Characteristic
- Doctrine of Testing; Evidence Testing
- Doctrine of Tests; Water
- Doctrine of Thanksgiving
- Doctrine of The 12 Apostles
- Doctrine of the Rock
- Doctrine of Thorn in the Flesh
- Doctrine of Tithes and Offerings
- Doctrine of Tithing Part 1
- Doctrine of Tithing Part 2
- Doctrine of Tongues
- Doctrine of Tongues; Ceased in 70 AD.
- Doctrine of Tongues; History
- Doctrine of Tree of Life
- Doctrine of Trinity
- Doctrine of Undeserved Suffering
- Doctrine Of Unique Royal Commissions
- Doctrine of Unites States in Prophecy
- Doctrine of unity in Royal family of God
- Doctrine of Unlimited Atonement
- Doctrine of Unpardonable Sin
- Doctrine of Veracity of God
- Doctrine of Vine and Branches
- Doctrine of Virgin Birth
- Doctrine of Volition
- Doctrine of Walking
- Doctrine of Walking in the Light
- Doctrine of War
- Doctrine of Water Baptism
- Doctrine of Welfare State
- Doctrine of Will of God
- Doctrine of Wine
- Doctrine of Winner Believer
- Doctrine of Wisdom
- Doctrine of Witnessing
- Doctrine of Womb
- Doctrine of Work Forbidden by the Talmud on the Sabbath
- Doctrine of Works
- Doctrine of Worship
- Doctrine of Worship
- Doctrine of Worthless Mind
- Doctrine of Zeal ____________________________
- Literal Translation, Bible N/T
- Streaming Audio Bible Classes ***
- Study Tools for Bible Study *** ____________________________
- z The Great Pyramid of Giza
July 23, 2010
DOCTRINE OF THE OSN/STA
(OLD SIN NATURE/SINFUL TREND OF ADAM)
I. Preliminary considerations.
A. Throughout this study, a distinction must be maintained between the “living soul” and the brain processes.
1. The living soul is an entity which is invisible but real, and cannot be destroyed by human means, Mt.10:28 “and do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul (avpoktei,nw, apokteino), but rather fear Him who is able to destroy (avpo,llumi, apollumi) both soul and body in hell.”
2. The brain or central nervous system acts as a computer to interpret impulses from the 5 senses and, upon command, send out impulses causing the body to act or react. The brain is made up of sophisticated bio-chemicals called “dust” in the Bible, Gen.2:7 “Then the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of lives, and the man became a living soul (hY”x; vp,n<l. ~d’a'h’, ha-adham lenephesh hajah)”; 1Cor.15:45 “The first man became a living soul”; Eccl.12:6,7 “Remember Him before the silver cord is broken (silver cord – the point of contact or interface between the soul and the brain computer [BC] which shuts down consciousness, i.e., the higher brain stem, which clinically is the area of consciousness which is broken at death) and the golden bowl is crushed (golden bowl is the brain, which organ is primary to life and is shut down at death. Death should be legally defined as no brain waves), the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed (heart and circulatory system shuts down); then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.”
B. The living soul comes by an act of creation at physical birth, Gen.1:27 “and God created (on Day 6 of restoration) man in His own image (the soul reflects divine essence), in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them”; cf. Gen.2:7; while the body comes via procreation following the laws of genetics, Ps.139:14 “I will give thanks to You for I am respectfully and wonderfully made”; cf. Heb.10:5 “Therefore when He (God-Man) comes into the world, He (deity) says ‘a body You have prepared (katapti,zw, kataptizo) for Me’”; Eccl.11:5 “Just as you do not know the path of the wind and how bones (are formed) in the womb of a pregnant woman, so you do not know the activity of God who makes all things.”
1. We are from the womb facsimiles of Adam in the fallen state, possessing a body and a soul.
2. We are therefore by implication no better and no worse than Adam.
3. Variations are allowed for under the laws of genetics, but the body follows a fixed mode (2 eyes, feet, sexes, etc.).
C. It is critical to “rightly dividing the word of truth” and to correctly understand Biblical anthropology to know that volition resides in the soul and not in the brain.
1. As God possesses volition, called Sovereignty, so man, created in His image, possesses volition.
2. Volition is evidenced by every third class condition, every subjunctive mood, every alternative (Jn.3:36), imperatives, and rebukes for unbelief in believers and unbelievers.
3. All human sinning is an act of volition, known or unknown (see Ezek.18:4 “The soul who sins will die.” Read entire chapter, which documents free will).
4. Clinically it has been demonstrated that volition and consciousness reside outside the brain, which is substantiated by the Word of God (i.e., awareness of life after death, Lk.16:19-31 and Penfield’s Mystery of the Mind).
a. The soul comes from God perfect and sinless via creation at birth.
b. The soul is plugged into the BC throughout life (2Cor.5:1-5).
c. The soul is to the brain what a programmer is to a computer.
d. The problem exists when the programmer (Real You) becomes enslaved to the computer (OSN/STA), Rom.6:6 “that we should no longer be slaves of sin.”
e. The soul constitutes the Real You, since it survives death and is where all decisions are made, good or bad, cf. Rom.9:11 “For though the twins were not yet born, and had not done anything good or bad.”
f. The soul of the believer dictates to the BC to produce either sin or righteousness; the former state puts the STA/BC in rulership of life, while the latter implies the rulership of the Holy Spirit, Rom.6:12 “Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts”; cf. Rom.8:4 “Who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.”
g. So the issue for man in the Angelic Conflict (A/C) is to overrule the BC by reprogramming it with divine viewpoint, Psa.40:8 “I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart”; Ps.119:11 “Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I may not sin against You”; 2Cor.3:2,3.
II. Synonyms for the OSN/STA.
A. Sin in the singular with or without the definite article (h` a`marti,a, he hamartia, Rom.5:12,13,21; 6:12-14,16-18,20,22,23; 7:8,9,11,17; 7:20,23,25).
B. Body of sin (Rom.6:6b).
C. Corruptible man (Rom.1:23).
D. Body of death (is dead to God, Rom.7:24).
E. Law of sin and death (Rom.7:25).
F. Flesh (Gal.5:17; 6:8).
G. Fleshly mind (Col.2:18).
H. Carnal (Rom.7:14; 1Cor.3:1,3,4).
I. Mortal body (Rom.6:12).
J. Old man (Eph.4:22; Col.3:9).
K. Corruptible seed (refers to the mechanics of the transmission of the STA, 1Pet.1:23).
L. Wretched man (Rom.7:25).
M. Evil (Rom.7:19,21, a part of evil, the policy of Satan).
N. Body of humiliation (Phil.3:21).
O. Body of corruption (1Cor.15:42,50).
P. Iniquity (Psa.51:6).
III. Origin of the STA in mankind.
A. Adam, the federal head of the human race, is the source of the STA (Gen.2,3).
1. Adam at the outset was perfect in body and soul, since God is not the sponsor of sinful trends, sin, or temptation.
2. The woman first, then the man, developed a trend away from God; this trend was not sinful.
3. The trend was converted into a sinful trend when they committed the first sin of mankind.
4. The sin is known as AOS (Adam’s Original Sin), and the trend is known as the OSN/STA.
5. The original sin (eating of the tree) came from volition apart from the OSN.
6. By choosing for knowledge of good and evil, Adam chose a new ruler of life, the STA.
7. So at the point of the fall, two major developments occurred: Satan became the ruler of the world through the STA, while the STA became the ruler of life ((2Cor.4:4; Eph.2:1-3).
8. So mankind is ruled by Satan through the STA (Jn.8:44; 1Jn.3:8).
9. Adam’s sin, based on his trend, produced spiritual death in him, Gen.2:16,17 “and the Lord God commanded the man, saying, ‘from any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die’”; cf. Gen.3:6.
B. Adam, immediately after the fall, exhibited characteristics of his progeny.
1. Attempt to cover his own sins: “operation fig leaves”.
2. Fear based on ignorance.
3. Satanic reprogramming: nakedness between husband and wife was wrong to them, “operation legalism”.
4. Failure to assume responsibility for sin: “operation patsy”.
IV. The mechanics of the perpetuation of the STA to all mankind.
A. Proof that the sin nature is located in the genetic code of the flesh.
1. David said his conception was marked by sin, and since sex is not a sin between husband and wife, he must be discussing the origin of his OSN, Psa.51:5 “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity (!Aw[‘B., be-awon. Iniquity is one of the most complex Hebrew words. !Aw[‘ , awon, has a root meaning power. So it is used of abuse of power and the subterfuge and treachery employed that brings oppression, injustice, and harm. It is a good synonym for the STA) and in sin (aj.xeb.W, ubekhete) my mother conceived me (this refers to the first cell of his fleshly existence).” Note that Ps.51 has as its background David’s Rebound (RB) concerning Bathsheba.
2. Constant references to the flesh and body as being the place of sin and lust, Rom.7:18 “For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is in my flesh”; Rom.7:23-25; 8:1-9,12; Gal.5:16, “lust of the flesh”; Eph.2:3; Col.2:11; 1Pet.3:21; 2Pet.2:10,18; cf. 1Jn.2:16.
3. Necessity of the virgin birth (see point VI; Rom.8:3 “Sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, He condemned sin in the flesh”).
4. The fact that the STA is not in the soul, since the soul comes by creation and God does not create imperfect beings.
B. Mechanics of the perpetuation of the STA.
1. Since the STA originated with Adam at the fall and is in the flesh, Adam can perpetuate nothing better than himself.
2. When his trend became sinful, he acquired the STA with its lusts, via genetic engineering.
3. This he passed on to his progeny in procreation.
4. The STA begins in each person when the 23 chromosomes of the male fertilize the 23 chromosomes of the female ovum.
5. So the genetic code in general and the STA genes in particular, are found in the first cell and spreads to all cells (100 trillion) during gestation.
6. But the STA manifests itself in the genes of the cells of the central nervous system and has excellent opportunity to influence the Real You from birth (Gen.6:5; 8:21b; Jer.17:9; Mt.12:34,35; Mk.7:20-23).
7. So all men are sinners inherently due to genetic engineering.
8. Volition of the Real You remains free to respond to grace and upset the rule of the STA.
C. Mechanics of spiritual death and the STA.
1. Adam died as God said, and that voluntarily, via his original sin.
2. He acquired a sinful nature and lost the human spirit.
3. He passed on the STA to his children and thereby to all humanity via procreation.
4. So at physical birth each person inherits his/her own STA and becomes a living soul via imputation of neshemah hm’v'n> the life support system of man (see Doctrines of the Soul and Human Spirit).
5. In addition to the STA and the imputation of physical life (via imputation), man is born spiritually dead, Eph.2:1 “and you were dead in trespasses and sins.”
6. Spiritual death spreads to all men when AOS is imputed to the STA at the point of physical life, Rom.5:12,13 “Therefore just as through one man sin (STA) entered into the world, and (not only STA) death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned ( a`marti,a) for until the Law sin was in the world; but sin (AOS) is not imputed where there is not law”; Gen.2:17.
7. The background to the imputation of AOS to the STA is the fact that divine justice must judge all sinful conditions and sins at some point in the A/C.
8. Adam’s sin was judged, producing spiritual death (Gen.2:17).
10. So all of Adam’s posterity shares in his spiritual death from birth, and that involuntarily, Rom.5:14a “Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned (voluntarily) in the likeness of Adam’s offense”; Rom.5:15b “For if by the transgression of the one the many died”; Rom.5:17a “For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one”; Rom.5:18a “So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation (kata,krima, katakrima: spiritual death) to all men”; Rom.5:19 “For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners.”
11. Principle: imputation demands a home, and the home (target) of AOS is his STA, producing spiritual death, Rom.5:13b “But sin is not imputed (pre.p.ind.3p.s. evlloge,w, ellogeo, a technical commercial term: to charge to an account”; cf. Philm.18).
12. His one sin is charged to all men, producing universal spiritual death, since God must judge all sinful conditions (all STA’s).
13. Principle: wherever the trend (STA) of Adam leads, his sin must follow.
14. The justice of God has no choice but to impute the result (AOS) to its cause (Adam’s trend), since God has to judge sin in the flesh.
15. Although AOS is involuntary in his progeny, it is logical, consistent, and just for God to condemn via imputation to all men.
16. Since “In Adam all die” (1Cor.15:22) and we are all “in Adam” via genetic engineering and imputation.
17. The necessity to judge men at birth with spiritual death conversely stifled the giving of the human spirit by God.
V. The nature and function of the STA in fallen mankind.
A. Even as spiritual death reigns (over the Real You) through the imputation of AOS to the STA, so the STA reigns over the Real You in the sphere of spiritual death, Rom.5:17a “For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one”; cf. Rom.5:21a “Sin reigned in death”.
1. The personal sins of the STA of each person is the STA reigning over the Real You (Rom.6:16-21).
2. Spiritually dead mankind is born with the STA as the ruler of life, Rom.6:17 “though you were slaves of sin”.
3. Spiritually dead man produces sins, human good, and has an affinity for false doctrine.
4. Satan rules mankind through the STA/BC (Jn.8:44).
5. Via programming, Satan loads the BC with his policies and evil.
6. Variations exist, but all mankind is genetically in Satan, 1Jn.5:19 “The whole cosmos lies in the evil one.”
8. So man’s link to evil is through the STA lust pattern, Eph.2:1-3 “And you were dead in your trespasses and sins (STA reigning in spiritual death) in which you formerly walked according to the course (literally aivw,n, aion, used in the sense of an era or epoch; Mt.13:22; Mk.4:19. Refers to the particular trend the corporate STA takes at a particular historical epoch) of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air (second kata,, kata, clause to show that behind world evil is the god of this world working through the corporate STA at any given point), of the spirit that is now operating in the sons of disobedience (they refuse to overrule the STA). Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging in the desires of the flesh (flesh has desires of its own) and of the mind (STA readout in soul’s analysis center), and were by nature (fu,sij, phusis) children of wrath, even as the rest.”
9. The affinity for human good is seen in 1Jn.3:12 “Not as Cain, who was of the evil one (through genetics, STA rulership, and negative volition), and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds (salvation by works) were evil and his brother’s were righteous.”
10. The affinity for false doctrine, Eph.4:14 “As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves, and carried about by every wind of doctrine (illustrates how helpless man is to avoid being influenced by evil), by the games of men (kubei,a|, kubeia, refers to dice playing), in the sphere of unscrupulousness (panourgi,a|, panourgia, from pan: all; and ergon: work. The dice game is rigged! People who push false doctrine lack principles) with reference to the scheme (pro,j, pros; and h` meqodei,a, he methodeia, from meta: with; and hodos: way. Found in the plural in 6:11) of the deceit (gen. h` pla,nh, he plane).” You are in a gambling house – cosmos diabolicus; there are many games-winds of doctrine; and each is rigged and somebody watches over it-the pit boss, the individual who is pushing the false doctrine; and when you place your bet – choose your place under evil (E1) – you are ultimately being deceived by the casino owner – Satan. So you are playing face to face with the god of this world and fall for the scheme of E1, called deceit, and you lose BIG because you led with your STA. Satan recognizes that each of us has an STA and has some overt agency or system of thought we go for-knowledge of good and evil.
B. Further observations on the collective STA.
1. There has been increased STA activity since the giving of the Mosaic Law, Rom.5:20 “and the law came in (1446BC) that the transgression (collective singular for collective STA activity) might increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more”; cf. Rom.7:5.
2. The STA is hostile to all divine viewpoint, Rom.8:7 “Because the mind set on the flesh (the Real You taking its cues from the STA under negative volition) is hostile toward God”.
3. The STA cannot, of its own accord and trend, handle divine viewpoint, 1Cor.2:14 “But a natural man (unbeliever) does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually evaluated”.
4. The STA deceives the Real You via the lust pattern, Rom.7:11 “for sin…deceived me”; Eph.4:22 “That, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old man, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit”.
5. The STA’s trends vary among man, Psa.58:3 “The wicked (~y[iv’r>, rasha-im: criminals) are estranged (Qal perfect of rWzO, zur: to be repugnant, estranged) from the womb (born criminals). Those who speak lies go astray (Qal perfect of h[‘T’, ta-ah: to wander) from the belly (born liars)”.
6. The STA cannot adjust to or please God, Rom.8:8 “and those that are in the flesh cannot please God.” By interpretation, this refers to the unregenerate.
VI. The exception to the STA in mankind.
A. The humanity of Christ is the exception, 2Cor.5:21 “He (Father) made Him (Christ) who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf that we might become (Ph1) the righteousness of God (imputation of righteousness at the salvation adjustment to the justice of God) in Him (positional truth)”; 1Jn.3:5 “And you know that He appeared in order to take away sins, and in Him is no sin (STA).”
B. The way Christ avoided the STA contamination was the virgin birth.
1. While the woman is a carrier of the STA, she is not a transmitter; this was biologically established by God, since the woman sinned in ignorance and Adam in cognizance (1Tim.2:11-15).
2. The man, then, transmits the STA as seen in that fact Jesus had a female parent but “not” an actual male parent. (Read the infancy narratives in the gospels.)
3. Mary was a carrier of the STA, committed personal sins, and needed salvation, Lk.1:47 “and my spirit rejoiced in God my Savior.”
4. As in all conceptions, Mary had the 23 chromosome cell, the ovum, which had to be genetically pure so that Jesus’ humanity could by-pass the STA genes.
5. God the Holy Spirit contributed the 23 male chromosome cell, called the sperm.
6. The mechanics of the perfect 23-chromosome ovum is a process known as meiosis.
7. Every normal female produces one such cell a month.
8. So the Holy Spirit provided 23 perfect chromosomes for Mary’s 23 perfect chromosomes (46 is the number in each bodily cell).
9. The fetus was therefore perfect genetically while being true humanity, Lk.1:34,35 “and Mary said to the angel, ‘how can this be, since I am a virgin?’ And the angel answered and said to her, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the most High will overshadow you (protection of the fetus); and for that reason the holy offspring (to. a[gion, to hagion) shall be called the Son of God.’”
10. Adam was created perfect, while Christ was born perfect, Heb.10:5 “a body You have prepared for Me.”
11. Without the indwelling STA (ISTA), it was impossible for God to impute AOS to Jesus, and therefore He was given a human spirit.
13. Conclusion: Christ was uniquely born, Jn.3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His uniquely born son (monogenh,j, monogenes)”; cf. Jn.1:14,18; 3:18; Heb.11:17; 1Jn.4:9. The word is technical and means unique. Of parents with one child, it means “only”, Lk.7:12; 8:42; 9:38.
C. Furthermore, Christ had to live a sinless life under kenosis to qualify as sin-bearer.
1. Jesus Christ was really tempted from without, Heb.4:15 “For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, (genetic, cf. Rom.6:9), but one who has been tempted in all things as we are (kata,, kata with acc. o`moio,thj, homoiotes; the idea is remarkable resemblance, but not exact) yet without sin (cwri.j a`marti,aj, choris hamartias)”; cf. Heb.2:18.
2. Christ kept the Law and so had a righteousness that comes via Law, Gal.4:4 “But when the fullness of the time came (time of the First Advent was prophesied; Doc. of Daniel’s 70 weeks), God sent forth His Son born of a woman, born under the law”; Mt.5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the law and the prophets, I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill”; Phil.4:7,8 “But emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
D. The necessity of Jesus’ humanity being genetically and experientially pure.
1. So all personal sins of all mankind of all time could be transferred to an acceptable substitute, 2Cor.5:21 “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”
2. So no personal sins would be imputed to those who committed them, 2Cor.5:19 “that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting (logizo,mai, logizomai) their trespasses against them.”
3. So He bore the judgment of sins in His genetically pure body and that for all mankind, 1Pet.2:24 “and He Himself bore our sins in His own body on the cross”; 1Jn.2:2 “and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.”
4. So God could provide the potential of the salvation adjustment to the justice of God (SAJG), Rom.5:17,18,21; 7:4 “You might be joined to another.”
VII. What happens to the STA at the SAJG?
A. At the very moment of salvation, God imputes righteousness (+R) to the individual, setting up the grace pipeline of blessing.
B. The giving of the human spirit and eternal life cancels spiritual death.
D. The believer is also baptized by the Holy Spirit into union with Christ (in His death, burial, and resurrection), Rom.6:2-7 “How shall we who died to sin (retroactive positional truth, or RAPT) still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death; Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, even so we might walk in newness of life (potential of experiential isolation of the STA). For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall be also in likeness of His resurrection (RAPT guarantees resurrection body in which there is no STA), knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him (sins of STA judged), that the body of sin might be eradicated (ultimate setting aside), that we (RF, or Royal Family) should no longer be slaves to sin, (experiential isolation) for He who has died (RAPT) has been justified from sin.”
E. So RAPT constitutes the positional setting aside of the STA, which position guarantees to each believer a resurrection body minus the STA.
F. It does not follow that the believer will go on to the experiential setting aside of the flesh, Gal.3:3 “Are you so stupid? Having begun by the Spirit are you now perfected by the flesh?”
VIII. What happens to the STA after the SAJG?
A. It must be established that the believer continues to possess the sin nature and commits personal sins.
1. He who contends otherwise is deceived and blasphemes, 1Jn.1:8,10 “If we say that we have no sin (nature), we are deceiving ourselves (you want to adopt a mystical, ascetic viewpoint, the STA says “fine”), and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.”
2. Paul, in Romans 7, uses himself as proof of the post-salvation function of the STA, Rom.7:7-25; vs.8 “But sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting (or lusting) of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead”; vs.9 “And I was then alive (FHS) apart from the Law, but when the commandment came (he knew the 10th commandment), sin became alive again (aor.act.ind. avnaza,w, anazao) and I died (temporal death)”; vs.10 “And this commandment, which was to result in life (by obedience under FHS), proved to result in death to me”; vs.11 “For sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, deceived me, and through it killed me”; also vss.17,21,23-25.
3. All exhortations in the Bible not to sin or practice “the former things” prove that Christians sin (cf. 1Pet.2:1,2,20; 3:2-4; Rom.6:12,13).
4. Scripture rebukes anti-nomianism as further proof (Rom.6:1,15, 8:12-14).
B. There exists in the life of every believer two potential rulers of “the Real You” (Rom.8:4-8).
2. The believer who is plus doctrine (i.e., since the ignorant and negative believer who is without mechanics cannot put the IHS in control, so he/she lives out their Phase 2 under their OSN) determines at any given moment in time who rules, cf. Gal.5:17 “For the flesh lusts (pres.act.ind. evpiqume,w, epithumeo) against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these two are in opposition to one another so that you may not do (pres.act.subj. poi,eo, poieo) the things (applications) that you wish (pres.act.subj. Qe,lw, thelo).”
3. The STA is, by genetic engineering and programming, a potential ruler, Rom.6:12 “Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts” (cf. 6:13-23).
4. The IHS, under conditions of the FHS, is a potential ruler, Eph.5:18 “And do not become drunk with wine (as a depressant, alcohol attacks the central nervous system producing the various symptoms of inebriation. Every cell of the nervous system is affected, illustrating the ISTA giving a distorted read-out on reality) for that is dissipation, but be filled (aor.act.imper. plhro,w, pleroo: fill up the deficiency) with the Spirit, (the HS also indwells each cell of the body, but does not necessarily “fill”).”
C. When the STA rules the believer.
1. At the SAJG, every believer is simultaneously indwelt and filled (Gal.3:2; Act.9:17).
2. When the Spirit-filled believer sins, he loses the filling but not the indwelling (we are commanded in Scripture to be filled, but never indwelt. See Doctrines of IHS and FHS).
3. Personal sin puts us out of fellowship and in temporal death, Jam.1:14,15 “But each one is tempted (pres.p.ind. peira,zw, peirazo) when he is being drug away (pres. pass. pt. evxe,lkw, exelko, a hapax) and enticed (pres.pass.pt. delea,zw, deleazo: to bait, found 3X, cf. 2Pet.2:14,18. The first participle represents the pressure the flesh puts on the soul, while the second is the deceit employed. The male comes on strong and lies to the female) by his own lusts (u`po,, hupo with acc.pl. evpiqumi,a, epithumia: temptation is not a sin!). Then when lust has conceived (aor.a.infin. of result, sullamba,nw, sullambano: seize, become pregnant. The STA is the predatory male while the Real You is the weak, flaky female. Conception means sex, which is the Real You giving the STA the green light so lust can score. This verb emphasizes the initial act), it gives birth to sin (pres.a.ind. ti,ktw, tikto; acc.s. a`marti,a, hamartia – the bastard progeny is the sin, be it mental attitude, tongue, or overt. This verb emphasizes the whole process. A problem exists when lust gives birth, if lust is the male. However, analogies are limited in their inherent inability to cover all possible theological bases. So a teacher will resort to violation or use different ones. James follows Paul in Rom.7:17 when he says, “So now no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which indwells me”) and when the sin has been accomplished (aor.p.pt. avpotele,w, apoteleo: full grown, a reference to the bastard progeny at birth – conception and birth are the same in the theology of sinning), it brings forth death (pres.a.ind. avpokue,w, apokueo: give birth to, breed. The progeny is not only a bastard, it is dead, demonstrating that the carnal state is death. This verb emphasizes the end result)”; Rom.7:8-10 “But sin, (STA) taking opportunity through the commandment (10th), produced in me coveting (lusting) of every kind, for apart from the law sin is dead. And I was then alive (FHS) apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive again (avnaza,w, anazao) and I died, and this commandment which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me, for sin taking opportunity through the commandment deceived me, and through it killed me”; Rom.8:13a “For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die”; cf. Lk.15:24,32, the parable of the prodigal.
4. The believer is a spiritual prisoner of war (POW), Rom.7:23 “But I notice a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind, and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.”
a. Life in the POW camp is characterized by sins, human good, and false concepts (enter E1).
b. The believer actually aids the enemy to the extent that he remains there.
c. RB is the only way of escape.
d. The positive believer hates the camp (Rom.7:15,16,19,20).
e. One sin (the initial sin when the HS is ruling) puts us in.
f. Due to negative volition, most believers, though ultimate winners, spend their Phase 2 there, and will lose surpassing grace blessings (SG3) when decorations are distributed.
5. The believer is under NAP (natural apparatus for perception), 1Cor.2:10-16. This explains the born-again religious world and their STA interpretations of Scripture.
6. The believer loses SG3 and reaps discipline (Gal.5:21; 6:6-10).
D. When the IHS rules the soul.
1. Do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, Rom.8:13 “But if by the Spirit you are putting to death deeds of the body, you will live”; Gal.5:16 “But I say walk by the Spirit (pres.a.imper. peripate,w, peripateo) and you will not carry out (ao.a.sub. tele,w, teleo) the lust (evpiqumai,a, epithumia) of the flesh.”
2. Rebound is the mechanic for the FHS and isolation of the STA, 1Jn.1:9; cf. Eph.5:14,18; 1Jn.1:6,7
3. Synonyms for this state.
a. Alive (Rom.6:13; 7:9).
b. FHS (Eph.5:18).
c. Walking in the Spirit, light, or love (Gal.5:16; 1Jn.1:7; Eph.5:2).
d. Imitators of God (Eph.5:1).
e. Slaves to righteousness (Rom.6:16,18).
f. Spiritual (1Cor.2:15).
g. Crucify (Gal.5:24).
E. The inner conflict remains throughout Phase 2 (Ph2), especially in the advancing believer, Rom.7:25 “So then on the one hand, I myself with my mind am serving the Law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin”; Rom.8:5-8; Gal.5:17 “For the flesh keeps on lusting (pres.a.ind. evpiqume,w, epithumeo) against (kata,, kata) the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do (pres.a.sub. poie,w mh,, poieo with me) the things that you wish”; 1Pet.2:11 “Beloved, I urge you to abstain (pres.m.infin. avpe,cw, apecho) from fleshly (sarkiko,j, sarkikos) lusts (nom.pl. evpiqumi,a, epithumia, for the STA grid) which wage war (pres.m.ind. strateu,w, strateuo) against (kata,, kata) the soul.”
1. The STA grid and the inner conflict never ceases in Ph2.
2. In the face of STA activities, you are to overrule the BC.
3. You will sin, but you must wage war against it and win over temptation.
4. When you do, you produce divine good.
5. Do not be misled into thinking that the STA loses its desires.
6. Conclusion: Rom.13:11-14 “And this do, knowing the time (o` kairo,j, ho kairos), that it is already the hour for you to be raised (aor.p.inf. evgei,rw, egeiro, cf. Eph.5:14) from sleep (evk u[hnoj, ek with huenos); for our salvation (Rapture) is nearer to us than when we believed. The night is almost gone (Ph2 in A/C is short) and the day (day of the Lord) has drawn near. Let us, therefore, lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light (RB, isolation of the STA, and GAP). Let us walk appropriately (evuschmo,nwj, euschemonos) as (w`j, hos) in the day, not in carousings (kw,moj, komos) and drinking parties (me,qh, methe), not in sexual promiscuity (koi,th, koite: bed) and sensuality, (avselgei,a, aselgeia: that which stirs up sex lust), not in strife and jealousy, but put on (aor.mid.imper. evndu,w, enduo) the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision (pres.mid.imper. poie,w, poieo with me. Pro,noia, pronoia, means forethought; not to follow the STA and to separate from the fast crowd) for the flesh in regard to its lusts”; 1Cor.6:19,20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price, therefore, glorify God in your body”; 1Pet.4:1-6.
IX. A list of various observations on the flesh and its lusts.
A. Mental attitude lust is a sin (Mt.5:28; Rom.7:7; 1Cor.10:6; Jam.4:2).
B. Satan has a lust pattern (Jn.8:44).
C. Lust is a part of the STA grid (Gal.5:24; Eph.2:3).
D. Deceives man (Eph.4:22; Rom.7:11).
E. Source of world corruption, 2Pet.1:4 “the corruption that is in the world by lust”; 1Jn.2:15-17.
F. Wars against the IHS and resident doctrine (Gal.5:17; 1Pet.2:11).
G. Kinds of lust.
1. Sexual (1Thess.4:5).
2. Monetary (1Tim.6:9; Rev.18:14).
3. Approbation and power (1Cor.1:29; 3:21; Gal.6:13).
4. Youthful (2Tim.2:22).
5. Abnormal (2Pet.2:10).
6. Pleasure (Lk.8:14).
H. A reason prayer is unanswered (Jam.4:3).
I. STA manifestations (Col.3:8,9; Gal.5:19-21).
J. Pre-salvation life under, Ti.3:3 “For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.”
K. We are not to follow the STA, but to produce divine good (Ti.2:11-15).
L. STA and the last days (2Tim.3:1-5; 4:3,4; 2Pet.2:18; 3:3; Jd.16,18).
X. The STA and ultimate sanctification.
A. There will be no STA in the resurrection body, since we inherit a body like His (Phil.3:20,21).
B. Mature believers looks forward to it (Rom.7:24,25).
C. Sins of the STA were judged in Christ, that the STA might be done away with (Rom.6:6; cf. 1Jn.3:8).
D. Mechanics of it (1Cor.15:35-38).
E. E3 (human good) of the believer is judged (1Cor.3:13-15).
F. No STA in the eternal state (Rev.21:4).