- About us
- Comments? Questions? ____________________________
- Doctrinal Statement ……….
- Doctrine of 40 Gifts Given at Salvation
- Doctrine of A Fortiori
- Doctrine of Abiding
- Doctrine of Abraham
- Doctrine of Abraham 2
- Doctrine of Abraham and Isaac
- Doctrine of Adam and Eve’s Fall
- Doctrine of Adjustment to the Justice of God
- Doctrine of Adoption
- Doctrine of Adultery
- Doctrine of Advocacy
- Doctrine of Ambassadorship
- Doctrine of Amen
- Doctrine of Angel of Jehovah
- Doctrine of Angelic Conflict
- Doctrine of Angelic Conflict 2
- Doctrine of Angels
- Doctrine of Angle of Jehovah
- Doctrine of AntiChrist
- Doctrine of Apostles
- Doctrine of Applying Doctrine
- Doctrine of Ark of the Covenant
- Doctrine of Armor of God
- Doctrine of Arrogance
- Doctrine of Ascension and Session
- Doctrine of Attributes of God
- Doctrine of Avilability of Divine Power
- Doctrine of Baptism
- Doctrine of Baptism/Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Bema Seat
- Doctrine of Bible
- Doctrine of Bible Promises
- Doctrine of Bible Prophecy
- Doctrine of Bibliology
- Doctrine of Birth of Christ Recalculated
- Doctrine of Bitterness
- Doctrine of Black Liberation Theology
- Doctrine of Blessing by Association
- Doctrine of Blessings
- Doctrine of Blood of Christ
- Doctrine of Boasting
- Doctrine of Body of Christ
- Doctrine of Book of Life
- Doctrine of Bread of Life
- Doctrine of Cain and Able
- Doctrine of Calling
- Doctrine of Canonicity
- Doctrine of Capital Punishment
- Doctrine of Carnality
- Doctrine of Charismatic Cult (Movement)
- Doctrine of Charismatic Lingo and translation
- Doctrine of Christ’s Life Chronology
- Doctrine of Christian Degeneracy
- Doctrine of Christian Loser
- Doctrine of Christian Way of Life
- Doctrine of Christian Women
- Doctrine of Christmas
- Doctrine Of Christ’s Spiritual Death On The Cross
- Doctrine of Church
- Doctrine of Circumcision
- Doctrine of Client Nation
- Doctrine of Common Grace
- Doctrine of Communion
- Doctrine of Confession of Personal Sins
- Doctrine of Confession of Sins
- Doctrine of Convicting Ministry of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Conviction
- Doctrine of Cosmic 1
- Doctrine of Cosmic 2
- Doctrine of Cosmic Dynosphere
- Doctrine of Cosmic System
- Doctrine of Cosmos
- Doctrine of Covenants
- Doctrine of Creation
- Doctrine of Creation of Adam and Eve
- Doctrine of Cross
- Doctrine of Crowns
- Doctrine of Crucifixion in the Ancient World
- Doctrine of Darkness
- Doctrine of Deacons
- Doctrine of Dealing with Demons
- Doctrine of Deaths
- Doctrine of Deity of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of Demonism
- Doctrine of Details of Life
- Doctrine of Dikaiosune
- Doctrine of Discernment
- Doctrine of Dispensations
- Doctrine of Divine Blessings
- Doctrine of Divine Decree(s)
- Doctrine of Divine Discipline
- Doctrine of Divine Dynosphere
- Doctrine of Divine Essence
- Doctrine of Divine Good
- Doctrine of Divine Good Production
- Doctrine of Divine Guidance
- Doctrine of Divine Imperatives
- Doctrine of Divine Institutions
- Doctrine of Divine Love
- Doctrine of Divine Power
- Doctrine of Divorce
- Doctrine of Divorce and Remarriage
- Doctrine of Doctrinal Orientation
- Doctrine of Drinking
- Doctrine of Dying Grace
- Doctrine of Edification Complex of the Soul
- Doctrine of Efficacious Grace
- Doctrine of Election
- Doctrine of Election and Calling
- Doctrine of Encouragement
- Doctrine of Enduement
- Doctrine of Environmentalism
- Doctrine of Epignosis
- Doctrine of Eschatological Judgments
- Doctrine of Essence of God
- Doctrine of Eternal Life
- Doctrine of Eternal Life of God
- Doctrine of Eternal Rewards
- Doctrine of Eternal Security
- Doctrine of Eucharist
- Doctrine of Evidence Testing
- Doctrine of Exegesis
- Doctrine of Faith
- Doctrine of Faith Rest
- Doctrine of Faith Rest Drill
- Doctrine of False Prophets / Teachers
- Doctrine of Fasting
- Doctrine of Fear
- Doctrine of Feast of First Fruits
- Doctrine of Feast of Pentecost
- Doctrine of Feast of Tabernacles
- Doctrine of Feast of Trumpets
- Doctrine of Feast of Unleavened Bread
- Doctrine of Fellowship
- Doctrine of Fellowship with God
- Doctrine of Fig Tree
- Doctrine of Filling of the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Filling of the Holy Spirit 2
- Doctrine of Five Cycles of Dicipline
- Doctrine of Foreknowledge
- Doctrine of Forgiveness
- Doctrine of Fornication
- Doctrine of Forty Things Received at Salvation
- Doctrine of Fourty Grace Gifts at Salvation
- Doctrine of Freedom
- Doctrine of Friend, Friendship with God
- Doctrine of Gap
- Doctrine of Giving
- Doctrine of Gnosis
- Doctrine of God Consciousness
- Doctrine of God is Three Persons
- Doctrine of God the Father
- Doctrine of God the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of God the Son
- Doctrine of Godliness
- Doctrine of Gods Divine Power
- Doctrine of Good Works
- Doctrine of Gospel
- Doctrine of Grace
- Doctrine of Grace Giving
- Doctrine of Grace Orientation
- Doctrine of Greek Verbs
- Doctrine of Grieving the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Halloween
- Doctrine of Halloween
- Doctrine of Hands in Scripture
- Doctrine of Happiness
- Doctrine of Hardening of Heart
- Doctrine of Headship
- Doctrine of Healing
- Doctrine of Heart Kardia
- Doctrine of Heaven
- Doctrine of Heavenly Citizenship (Politeuma Metaphor)
- Doctrine of Hermeneutics
- Doctrine of Hezekiah
- Doctrine of High Priesthood of Christ
- Doctrine of Holiness of God
- Doctrine of Honor
- Doctrine of Human Life
- Doctrine of Human Spirit
- Doctrine of Human Viewpoint
- Doctrine of Hypostatic Union
- Doctrine of Hypostatic Union and Kenosis
- Doctrine of I.C.E. Teaching
- Doctrine of Impeccability
- Doctrine of Impersonal Love
- Doctrine of Impersonal Love for all Mankind
- Doctrine of Importance of Application of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Doctrine 2
- Doctrine of Importance of Bible Study
- Doctrine of Importance of Prophecy
- Doctrine of Imputation
- Doctrine of Incarnation
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine Of Indwelling Of The Trinity 2
- Doctrine of Indwelling of Trinity
- Doctrine of Inheritance
- Doctrine of Insperation, Inerrancy, and Infallibility
- Doctrine of Interpretation
- Doctrine of Invisible Assets
- Doctrine of Invisible Hero
- Doctrine of Jesus and Nicodemus
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Controlling History
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Controls History
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Experience on the Cross
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ in the Tabernacle
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Resurrection
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ Seven Trials
- Doctrine of Jesus Christ’s Life
- Doctrine of Judaizers
- Doctrine of Judgement Seat of Christ
- Doctrine of Judgements
- Doctrine of Justice of God
- Doctrine of Justification
- Doctrine of Kenosis
- Doctrine of Kinsmen Redeemer
- Doctrine of Lamb’s Book of Life
- Doctrine of Lapsarianism
- Doctrine of Last Judgement
- Doctrine of Laying Down your Life for your Friends
- Doctrine of Legalism
- Doctrine of Levitical Priesthood
- Doctrine of Light
- Doctrine of Living Grace
- Doctrine of Logistical Grace
- Doctrine of Logistical Grace (Revised)
- Doctrine of Lord’s Supper
- Doctrine of Lordship Salvation (false)
- Doctrine of Lord’s Prayer
- Doctrine of Loser Believer
- Doctrine of Love
- Doctrine of Love
- Doctrine of Manna
- Doctrine of Marriage
- Doctrine of Marriage Culture
- Doctrine of Mary (Mother of Jesus)
- Doctrine of Melchizedek
- Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins
- Doctrine of Mentorship of Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Mercy
- Doctrine of Metabolization of Bible Doctrine
- Doctrine of Millennium
- Doctrine of Mishna
- Doctrine of Momentum Testing
- Doctrine of Mosaic Law
- Doctrine of Mysteries Surrounding the Cross
- Doctrine of Mystery
- Doctrine of Names and Titles of God
- Doctrine of Necromancers and Mediums
- Doctrine of Negitive Volition Towards Doctrine
- Doctrine of New Species
- Doctrine of New Spiritual Species
- Doctrine of New Testament Commandments
- Doctrine of Noah and the Ark and Flood
- Doctrine of Occupation with Christ
- Doctrine of Occupation with Christ
- Doctrine of Occupation with Person of Christ
- Doctrine of Offensive
- Doctrine of Old Sin Nature
- Doctrine of Omnipotence of God
- Doctrine of Omnipresence of God
- Doctrine of Omniscience of God
- Doctrine of Operation Footstool
- Doctrine of Operation Z
- Doctrine of Origin of the Soul
- Doctrine of Passover
- Doctrine of Pastor Teacher
- Doctrine of Paul the Apostle
- Doctrine of Pauls Chronology of his Life
- Doctrine of Peace
- Doctrine of Persecutions
- Doctrine of Perseverance
- Doctrine of Personal Love for God
- Doctrine of Personal Sense of Destiny
- Doctrine of Pistis
- Doctrine of Pivot
- Doctrine Of Portfolio Of Invisible Assets
- Doctrine of Positional Truth
- Doctrine of Post-Salvation Sinning
- Doctrine of Power of God
- Doctrine of Prayer
- Doctrine of Prayer 1
- Doctrine of Pre-Trib Rapture
- Doctrine of Predestination, Election and Foreknowledge
- Doctrine of Preexistence of Christ
- Doctrine of Priesthood
- Doctrine of Priesthood of Jesus Christ
- Doctrine of Problem-Solving Devices
- Doctrine of Promises of God
- Doctrine of Prophets and Prophecy
- Doctrine of Propitiation
- Doctrine of Prosperity
- Doctrine of Protocol Plan of God
- Doctrine of Protocol Plan of God cont.
- Doctrine of Quenching the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Quenching the Spirit
- Doctrine of Rapture
- Doctrine of Rapture Pre-Tribulation
- Doctrine of Rearing Children
- Doctrine of Rearing Children
- Doctrine of Rebound
- Doctrine of Reconciliation
- Doctrine of Recovery Procedure for Rebound
- Doctrine of Redemption
- Doctrine of Regeneration
- Doctrine of Religious Babylon
- Doctrine of Repentance
- Doctrine of Rest
- Doctrine of Resurrection
- Doctrine of Retrogression
- Doctrine of Reversionism
- Doctrine of Right Man Right Woman
- Doctrine of Righteousness
- Doctrine of Roman History
- Doctrine of Royal Family of God
- Doctrine of Royal Family Unity
- Doctrine of Royal Imperatives
- Doctrine of Salvation
- Doctrine of Salvation Adjustment to the Justice of God
- Doctrine of Salvation False Ploy
- Doctrine of Salvation False Ploy; Lordship
- Doctrine of Sanctification
- Doctrine of Satan
- Doctrine of Satan and Demonism
- Doctrine of Satan’s Counterfeits
- Doctrine of Satan’s Indictments
- Doctrine of Satan’s Strategy
- Doctrine of Satanic War Plan
- Doctrine of Scar Tissue of the Soul
- Doctrine of Second Advent of Christ
- Doctrine of Separation
- Doctrine of Session of Christ
- Doctrine of Seven Feasts of Israel
- Doctrine of Seven Ministries of God the Holy Spirit At Salvation
- Doctrine of Sex
- Doctrine of Shame
- Doctrine of Sharing the Happiness of God
- Doctrine of Sharing the Happiness of God
- Doctrine of Shekinah Glory
- Doctrine of Sickness
- Doctrine of Signs and Wonders
- Doctrine of Sin
- Doctrine of Sin Unto Death
- Doctrine of Sinfull Trend of Adam
- Doctrine of Sins of the Tongue
- Doctrine of Slave Market of Sin
- Doctrine of Soul & Spirit
- Doctrine of Soul Essence
- Doctrine of Souls Frame of Reference
- Doctrine of Sovereignty of God
- Doctrine of Soverignty of God
- Doctrine of Sowing and Reaping
- Doctrine of Spirit Filled Life
- Doctrine of Spiritual Death
- Doctrine of Spiritual Death of Jesus Christ (Substitutionary)
- Doctrine of Spiritual Gifts
- Doctrine of Spiritual Life
- Doctrine of Spiritual Maturity
- Doctrine of Spiritual Metabolism
- Doctrine of Spiritual Self Esteem
- Doctrine of Spiritual Warfare
- Doctrine of Spirituality
- Doctrine of Spirituality & Carnality
- Doctrine of Stewardship
- Doctrine of Stress
- Doctrine of Strong Drink
- Doctrine of Stumbling Blocks
- Doctrine of Suffering
- Doctrine of Supergrace
- Doctrine of Surpassing Grace Blessings
- Doctrine of Sword of the Spirit
- Doctrine of Tabernacle
- Doctrine of Taking Up One’s Cross
- Doctrine of Temporary Spiritual Gifts
- Doctrine of Ten PSD’s
- Doctrine of Testing
- Doctrine of Testing Characteristic
- Doctrine of Testing; Evidence Testing
- Doctrine of Tests; Water
- Doctrine of Thanksgiving
- Doctrine of The 12 Apostles
- Doctrine of the Rock
- Doctrine of Thorn in the Flesh
- Doctrine of Tithes and Offerings
- Doctrine of Tithing Part 1
- Doctrine of Tithing Part 2
- Doctrine of Tongues
- Doctrine of Tongues; Ceased in 70 AD.
- Doctrine of Tongues; History
- Doctrine of Tree of Life
- Doctrine of Trinity
- Doctrine of Undeserved Suffering
- Doctrine Of Unique Royal Commissions
- Doctrine of Unites States in Prophecy
- Doctrine of unity in Royal family of God
- Doctrine of Unlimited Atonement
- Doctrine of Unpardonable Sin
- Doctrine of Veracity of God
- Doctrine of Vine and Branches
- Doctrine of Virgin Birth
- Doctrine of Volition
- Doctrine of Walking
- Doctrine of Walking in the Light
- Doctrine of War
- Doctrine of Water Baptism
- Doctrine of Welfare State
- Doctrine of Will of God
- Doctrine of Wine
- Doctrine of Winner Believer
- Doctrine of Wisdom
- Doctrine of Witnessing
- Doctrine of Womb
- Doctrine of Work Forbidden by the Talmud on the Sabbath
- Doctrine of Works
- Doctrine of Worship
- Doctrine of Worship
- Doctrine of Worthless Mind
- Doctrine of Zeal ____________________________
- Literal Translation, Bible N/T
- Streaming Audio Bible Classes ***
- Study Tools for Bible Study *** ____________________________
- z The Great Pyramid of Giza
January 10, 2011
THE DOCTRINE OF OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST
I. DEFINITION AND EXPLANATION
A. Occupation with Christ is one of the problem solving devices in the Christian Life.
1. The Problem Solving Devices of the Christian Way of Life are:
a. The Rebound technique
b. The Filling of the Holy Spirit
c. The Faith/Rest Drill (F/R)
d. Orientation to Grace
e. Orientation to Bible Doctrine
f. Personal love for God (to be distinguished from Occupation with Christ
as a problem solving device)
g. Impersonal love for all mankind
h. +H or sharing the happiness of God
i. A personal sense of destiny
j. The priority solution: Occupation with Jesus Christ
2. These Problem Solving Devices are used in undeserved suffering for the
attainment of spiritual maturity, the highest attainment of spiritual adulthood. Spiritual maturity
is arrived at through three stages of spiritual adulthood with suffering for blessing:
a. Spiritual self-esteem (SSE) plus Providential/Preventative/Suffering
(Prov/P/S) equals Spiritual Autonomy (S/A).
b. S/A plus Momentum Testing (M/T) equals Spiritual Maturity (S/M).
c. S/M plus Evidence Testing (E/T) equals glorification of God to the
maximum during life on this earth under the Plan of God.
3. The three stages of Spiritual Adulthood are:
a. Spiritual Self- Esteem which is spiritual self confidence;
b. Spiritual Autonomy which is spiritual independence;
c. Spiritual Maturity which is the status of being an invisible hero and the
maximum function of occupation with Christ.
B. Definition of Occupation with Christ:
1. Occupation with Christ is one of three problem solving devices related to
a. Problem Solving Device #6 is personal love for God the Father which
is the motivational virtue in life.
b. Problem Solving Device #7 is Impersonal Love for all mankind, which
is functional virtue in life.
c. Problem Solving Device #10 is Occupation with Christ, the priority
solution and ultimately the answer to ANY adversity in life as well as having capacity for
happiness and prosperity when it comes.
2. All three of these Problem Solving Devices function effectively in the three
stages of spiritual adulthood, but with increasing intensity. They begin in Spiritual Self Esteem,
become greater in Spiritual Adulthood, and reach their peak in Spiritual Maturity.
3. All three can be seen in 1 Cor 13:13: “AND THERE CONTINUES FAITH,
CONFIDENCE AND VIRTUE-LOVE, THESE THREE, BUT THE GREATEST OF THESE IS
a. “Faith” is personal love for God the Father at spiritual self esteem.
b. This advances to “Absolute settled confidence” in spiritual adulthood.
c. And climaxes in Virtue Love in spiritual maturity.
4. When Eph 3:19 says: “AND COME TO KNOW THE LOVE FOR CHRIST
WHICH SURPASSES KNOWLEDGE…” it refers to the attainment of Occupation with Christ
in spiritual maturity.
5. Occupation with Christ is the maximum function of learning bible doctrine on
a daily basis so that you may function in spiritual maturity. This is the only way to fully and
completely execute the Plan of God, fulfill God’s purpose for your life and do God’s will in your
6. Occupation with Christ may be defined as Personal Love for God the Son
caused by the daily inhale and application of Bible doctrine which manifests itself in the fact that
Bible doctrine has been and continues to be the #1 priority in your life.
7. Bible doctrine is described as the “Mind of Jesus Christ” in 1 Cor 2:16 “FOR
WHO HAS KNOWN THE THINKING OF THE LORD THAT HE SHOULD INSTRUCT
HIM? BUT WE (mature believers) KEEP ON HAVING THE THINKING (mind) OF
a. The “thinking of Christ” is a reference to Bible doctrine.
b. One can’t love the Lord Jesus Christ until he knows how He thinks, for
the Lord is invisible. Inhale and application (metabolization) of doctrine is the means of
personally coming to love Jesus Christ.
c. Having the thinking of the Lord Jesus Christ results in occupatio n with
Him in contrast to being preoccupied with people, things or circumstances.
d. When the believer reaches the point of Occupation with Christ, his
thinking is consistently the same as Jesus Christ would think in that given circumstance. He has
the mental attitude of Christ produced from metabolized doctrine in his soul.
8. Phil 2:1-2 emphasizes this: “IF (the protesis of a 1CC – “if” and it’s true)
THERE IS ANY ENCOURAGEMENT (and there is) FROM BEING IN CHRIST, IF THERE
IS ANY COMFORT/CHEER FROM LOVE (and there is), IF THERE IS ANY FELLOWSHIP
WITH THE SPIRIT (and there is), IF THERE IS ANY TENDERNESS AND COMPASSION
(and there is) [now the apodosis, the conclusion] BRING MY HAPPINESS TO COMPLETION
BY THINKING THE SAME THINGS (divine viewpoint), HAVING THE SAME VIRTUELOVE,
UNITED IN SOUL, INTENT ON ONE OBJECTIVE.”
a. Occupation with Christ is the key to encouragement in Christ. It
doesn’t depend on emotionalism or any other human effort.
b. There is comfort/cheer from Personal Love for God the Father, from
Impersonal Love for all mankind, from Occupation with Christ, but there is no lasting
comfort/cheer in friendship, romance or marriage, and therefore, it is not included in this concept
of comfort/cheer from love.
c. “Tenderness and compassion” refers to being motivated by Personal
Love for God, having capacity for Impersonal Love for people, and being Occupied with Christ
producing this attitude toward others.
d. Once you attain Occupation with Christ, simultaneously you attain +H
(God’s own happiness shared with you through doctrine), so that you are prepared to meet and
face any and every circumstance. So long as God keeps you on this earth in His faithfulness, you
will have a fantastic life.
e. Thinking is the basis for happiness, love, virtue. To think the same
thing that God thinks must be ACCURATE, Biblical thinking, that is, metabolized doctrine.
f. Fellowship with God is infinitely superior to fellowship with people.
God must come first in your life if you are to execute His plan for your life. This can only be
done by learning Bible doctrine on a daily basis.
g. Christian fellowship will not help you to grow spiritually nor execute
the plan of God. You can be a testimony to others in Christian fellowship but it is not a part of
II. THE NEED FOR OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST
A. Very few people, including Christians, are loved the way they want to be loved or
treated the way they want to be treated. To think that way is to have unrealistic expectations.
Unless the believer has the proper perspective from Bible doctrine, it is inevitable that the result
will be great frustration and terrible instability.
B. Ingrained frustration comes because people are not treated or loved the way they want
to be treated or loved. This false expectation leads to false application. Thus, they emphasize
fellowship with people rather than fellowship with God. As a result, they will move from church
to church looking for the wrong thing. Such people never stop searching; they’re always looking
for that one individual or group or job or social life where they will be treated as they want to be
treated. This produces great instability.
Unrealistic expectations from a particular job, boss, area (climate, housing,
neighborhood, etc.), friend, hobby, etc. produce the same unrealistic application, and therefore,
the life is characterized by the constant change, seeking the eutopian expectation which can
never be found. A marriage can also have the same outcome when there are unrealistic
expectations of one’s mate, children, marriage itself. These people are characterized by being
“as stable as mercury.” (By the way, if you ever do find the perfect organization, don’t join it or
you’ll spoil it because YOU’RE not perfect… far from it!)
C. The Doctrine of Occupation with Christ addresses this problem. It makes the
necessary corrections of priorities in the Christian Way of Life. Occupation with Christ is the
ONLY way a believer can handle the problems of marriage, romance, friendship, business,
profession, job, church and the problems of:
1. constantly bumping into people in various situations,
2. encountering circumstances which are in constant flux or change, or
3. avoiding the distraction of things that are alluring.
D. Virtue-love (Personal Love for God, Impersonal Lvoe for others) comes into focus at
this point. It takes up the slack for the frustrations, reactions of arrogance,
discouragements/depression and major distractions of life.
1. Such frustrations become a major motivation in life. People select their local
church on the basis of frustration of not being treated or loved the way they want. They select
their love life, their social life, their job, the locale in which they live on the same basis. The
result is instability.
2. Arrogant reactions include such things as jealousy, bitterness, vindictiveness,
hatred, revenge motivation and disappointment.
3. Discouragements and depression are normal reactions under disappointment
from changing circumstances.
4. Lack of things or abundance of things will cause a person to set the wrong
priorities and thus become distracted to major on minors.
E. Impersonal Love (begun under Spiritual Self Esteem and continuing and growing
throughout spiritual adulthood) for all mankind provides capacity for relationships with people
under such categories as Christian fellowship, friendship, romance and marriage.
F. In all human relationships you must establish the basic doctrinal principle that is
related to the privacy of the priesthood: You cannot change other people; the only person you
can change is yourself.
1. You can’t get from people unrealistic or even realistic expectations. People
will always have some flaw or failure which will disappoint you.
2. A great deal of frustration in your life would be spared if you would only
recognize this principle. If your boss, your husband/wife doesn’t treat you the way you want to
be treated, you can’t change them. If you try to do so you only intensify the problem and you
don’t solve anything.
3. When you do try to change others you are making an issue out of yourself and
not out of doctrine. There is no occupation with the person of Christ which is the ultimate
G. The only person you can change is yourself and you can’t even do that by cultivating
psychological change activities. The only true change for the better comes from your
metabolization of Bible doctrine and the function of the problem solving devices inside your own
soul utilizing the power of the Holy Spirit to bring about change.
H. From Occupation with Christ you learn to avoid the four great hazards in the
Christian Way of Life caused by unrealistic expectations:
1. Eyes or focus on self. This is arrogance and it comes from having unrealistic
expectations or overestimating yourself. When you are not being treated as you want to be
treated, your eyes are on yourself. This leads to frustration, bitterness, vindictiveness and you
become implacable and you make bad decisions from a position of weakness.
2. Eyes or focus on people. This is the Old Sin Nature solution to things. You
search for people who will treat you “right,” and you seek and find people with whom you think
you are compatible. This only intensifies your problem because you will always be disappointed
by people until you reach Spiritual Self Esteem and Spiritual Adulthood with Personal Love for
God and Impersonal Love for all mankind, and then occupation with Christ. You then fully
understand you will never be treated the way you think you should be treated by man.
3. Eyes or focus on circumstances. Your expectation of constantly pleasant,
commodious, non-threatening circumstances is totally unrealistic. It is impossible to achieve this
in the Devil’s World System. As a result, you will become discouraged and depressed until your
focus is on Occupation with Christ with Personal Love for God.
4. Eyes or focus on things. This results in jealousy, greed, envy, avarice. When
you finally decide that you won’t be treated as you want to be treated, you make decisions to get
what you want to get. Therefore, you pursue the wrong priorities in order to achieve these
things. Instead of concentrating on that which will provide for your needs, Bible Doctrine, you
are obsessed with the things which can never provide what you’re seeking.
I. Occupation with Christ provides a new focus in life away from eyes on self, people,
circumstances and things. How you are treated and loved by people is no longer an issue once
you have reached Spiritual Self Esteem; it is your fellowship with the Father that counts.
1. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are perfect and they only
treat you in the framewo rk of their perfection. Perfect God can only treat you perfectly though it
may not always be in the way you want to be treated. Nevertheless, it is in the way you should
be treated, which means a combination of blessing and testing along the way.
2. Therefore, how you are loved or treated by people is no longer an issue.
Instead, you move into Virtue Love in your life. You have Personal Love for God the Father as
the motivational virtue in your life. You have Impersonal Love for all mankind as functional
virtue. As a result, you have the capacity to be friends with people who are flawed, although
they are flawed differently than you are. And, you have Occupation with Christ as the priority
J. Occupation with Christ changes your mental attitude about yourself so you can change
your mental attitude about other people who do not love you the way you want to be loved or
treat you the way you want to be treated. You change your thinking about the way you think you
should be loved.
P: YOU CANNOT MAKE AN ISSUE OUT OF YOURSELF AND ADVANCE
IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE.
K. Impersonal Love gives you the ability to conquer hurt, frustration, anger, hatred or
antagonism toward those who are not treating you or loving you as you want.
L. Personal Love for God and grace orientation combine with Impersonal Love and
Occupation with Christ to create a gracious attitude toward people with whom you are involved,
whether friends or strangers, husband or wife, etc. Whatever the attitude, you have a completely
different outlook in the midst of some of the greatest expressions of frustration.
1. In other words, instead of trying to change others, you have allowed Bible
Doctrine to work a change inside of you. Others are then also free to be as rotten as they want to
be…. It doesn’t make one bit of difference to you.
2. In this way you pass people testing, systems testing and thought testing
without batting an eye. You have put it all together BEFORE you even got into suffering for
M. It is because believers expect too much from others that they get into unrealistic
expectations. To avoid these unrealistic expectations and to pass people, systems and thought
testing, it is necessary to have Occupation with Christ.
N. The more you are preoccupied with yourself, the greater your expectations and
demands from people. He greater your romantic notions, the more you anticipate from people.
Therefore, very few people are loved the way they want and expect to be loved or treated.
Therefore, most people never find what they are looking for in life. And, as long as they make
an issue out of self, they will continue their frustration.
O. Thus, living in the Cosmic, World or Darkness system, their reaction is inevitable:
arrogance, jealousy, bitterness, vindictiveness, guilt, self-pity, hatred, and revenge motivation.
With these in the soul the believer is guaranteed an unhappy life. But, DON’T BLAME GOD
FOR THAT UNHAPPINESS, YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF. Under
the Law of Volitional Responsibility, you have made the wrong choices (other priorities than
Bible Doctrine) and now you must live with Self Induced Misery. You are manufacturing your
own misery in your preoccupation with yourself.
P. The more you are preoccupied with yourself, the greater your expectation from
people. However, you will never be able to bend people to conform to your unrealistic
1. While you can’t change people to conform to your standards of treatment and
love, you can solve the problem of frustration through the three categories of Virtue-Love as a
problem-solving device: Personal Love for God the Father, Impersonal Love for man and
Occupation with Christ.
2. There is nothing wrong with romantic notions provided you line them up with
Scripture (Doctrine of Perfect Man/Perfect Woman, etc.) and provided you are in Occupation
R. Psalm 118:9 “IT IS BETTER TO TAKE REFUGE IN THE LORD THAN TO
TRUST IN MAN.”
1. If you are taking refuge in the Lord you are not expecting anything from
people. It is your fellowship with God that counts.
2. However, you can also have wonderful fellowship with people when you do
not expect things from them which they cannot fulfill. Use of the Problem Solving Devices
makes fellowship wonderful.
S. Occupation with Christ versus Preoccupation with People
1. The problem is stated in Jer 17:5 “CURSED IS THE ONE WHO TRUSTS IN
MAN, WHO DEPENDS ON FLESH FOR HIS STRENGTH, AND WHOSE SOUL TURNS
AWAY FROM THE LORD.”
a. One may put his trust in man in many different relationships, whether
social, professional, romantic, marriage or Christian fellowship.
b. There is nothing wrong with having relationships with people; that’s
not the issue. The issue is whether that is your priority and you have unrealistic expectations
c. From the original creation man has been designed to place his trust in
God, not in people. People have Old Sin Natures and varying moments of instability. And, even
if YOU are not trying to cha nge other people, other people are constantly trying to change YOU.
d. To depend on other people for strength means that one expects to get
his encouragement for the Christian Way of Life from fellowship with other people. They get
this “encouragement” by being told how wonderful they are and being pumped up. When YOU
fail THEM, they stop providing you with this “encouragement” and you are in trouble. You’re
in trouble because you are depending on people rather than the Lord for your strength. There is,
here, a special curse on people who depend on man.
e. The only way you can ever depend on the Lord is through the
perception and application (metabolization) of Bible doctrine on a consistent basis.
f. Those whose “souls turn away from the Lord” are those who go on
negative volition toward Bible doctrine and inevitably they will depend on people more and
more as they turn away from the Lord. Those who have turned away from the Lord are
constantly trying to change people into their expectations instead of themselves being changed
by Bible Doctrine.
g. Illustration: Husband/Wife
1. You can’t change others but God has even limited Himself by a
sovereign decision NOT to change people apart from their own volition.
2. A person CAN make self-changes from self-improvement or
self-destruction but this is human change and is limited improvement at best.
3. A woman or a man who spends their marriage seeking to make
changes in their spouse is never going to be happy OR successful.
4. Therefore, the importance of waiting on the Lord for your
Perfect Man/Perfect Woman (not without flaw or fault, but perfect for YOU).
5. The things you want to change in your mate were basically
“built- in” by God for your benefit (this doesn’t include Old Sin Nature or character flaws, though
they ARE a source of testing to you).
2. Jer 17:6 “HE WILL BE LIKE A TUMBLEWEED IN THE DESERT; HE
WILL NOT SEE PROSPERITY WHEN IT COMES. HE WILL LIVE IN THE PARCHED
PLACES OF THE DESERT, A LAND OF SALT WHERE NO ONE LIVES (no capacity for
a. A tumbleweed has no roots and therefore blows wherever the wind
b. God gives prosperity even to losers under His logistical grace
provisions for His people. However, they do not see it. People with unrealistic expectations
have no capacity. If prosperity came and knocked on their door and declared, “I’m prosperity!”
they still wouldn’t recognize it. They can’t enjoy prosperity any more than they enjoy adversity
because they have made an issue out of self.
c. A “dried up person” then is one who has made an issue out of self,
having gone on negative volition and living with unrealistic expectations. They are unhappy and
3. Jer 17:7 “BUT HAPPY IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD,
WHOSE CONFIDENCE IS IN HIM.”
a. Emphasis on the Lord, Personal Love for God and Occupation with
Christ shares God’s happiness.
b. God-emphasis must precede people-emphasis.
III. DESCRIPTION OF OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST
A. Occupation with Christ is described as Personal Love for God the Son which results
from perception and application (metabolization) of Bible Doctrine.
B. Metabolization of doctrine is also a lifestyle of wisdom. Many applications exist when
the believer in spiritual adulthood applies to his personal experiences and his circumstances
either Personal Love for God the Father or Occupation with the Lord Jesus Christ.
C. Since our Lord Jesus Christ is now seated at the right side of God the Father, He is
invisible to us. He will only become visible when we see Him at the Rapture.
D. Therefore, to love someone who is invisible requires a system of communication
based on thinking. Thought is based on words; words are placed in Scripture by God through the
Doctrine of Inspiration. Divine thought is guarded in the very words of Scripture and there is no
accurate record of the Word of God the Father, the Voice of the Holy Spirit and the mind of
Jesus Christ apart from what is contained in the canon of Scripture.
E. THEREFORE, WE CAN ONLY COME TO LOVE OUR INVISIBLE LORD
THROUGH COMING TO KNOW HIM THROUGH THE FUNCTION OF
METABOLIZATION OF BIBLE DOCTRINE.
F. Emotionalism may declare that they “love Jesus Christ” on the basis of something He
has done for them or some experience they have had. You cannot love someone whom you do
not know. You know the Lord Jesus Christ through the Word of God, but only as you study and
G. Eph 3:10 “AND TO COME TO KNOW THE LOVE FOR CHRIST WHICH GOES
BEYOND EXPERIENTIAL KNOWLEDGE (gnwsis), THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED WITH
ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD (epignwsis).”
H. 1 Peter 1:8 “AND THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIM, YOU LOVE HIM
(O/C); AND THOUGH YOU DO NOT SEE HIM NOW BUT BELIEVE IN HIM (faith
perception), YOU GREATLY REJOICE WITH INEXPRESSIBLE HAPPINESS (+H), FULL
1. +H and Occupation with Christ always go together; you never have one
without the other.
2. “Glory” (PF/PS/PTCP of doxa = something which radiates from the one who
has it, leaving an impression behind). As in 2 Cor 3:17,18, it represents the character of the Lord
Jesus Christ formed in the believer and radiating out from his life.
3. From the sources of the omnipotence of the Filling of the Holy Spirit plus the
omnipotence of the Word (first “Glory” in 2 Cor 3:18) the believer is being transformed into His
likeness “with ever-increasing glory.”
IV. OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST IS A MOTIVATOR OF LIFE.
A. Love for the Lord Jesus Christ (O/C) becomes the motivation of your life once you
are functioning in spiritual adulthood.
1. Early in your Christian growth, your motivation is the Filling of the Holy
Spirit, objectivity and enforced humility. From this you learn basic doctrines.
2. In the early stages you tend to be very dependent upon people.
3. As you grow spiritually, Bible Doctrine produces Love for God the Father as
well as preliminary Love for God the Son. This begins to change the motivation of your life to a
desire to please the One you love. This produces a gradual change from dependence on people
to dependence on the Lord.
4. This principle doesn’t refer to the necessary dependence we must have on
other people in life….
- team members depend on one another
- employees depend on one another
- husband and wife depend on one another in certain situations
- members of the military depend on each other.
This principle means that one doesn’t depend on others for their love,
acceptance or happiness. In the SPIRITUAL LIFE we don’t depend on others but on the Lord.
God provides the solutions to your problems.
5. This doesn’t mean that you don’t need a pastor/teacher to teach you the Word
of God and categorical doctrine, either… that you can “get it for yourself.” I Jn 2:27 “you do not
need anyone to teach you” in the context refers to false teachers. You will always need a
pastor/teacher to instruct you in doctrine. BUT, you do not need a pastor to tell you how to solve
the problems of your life nor to tell you how to live your life. THAT comes from the Word.
6. In the spiritual life, when we say that you can only change yourself, we mean
that in effect it is God who is changing you by means of Bible Doctrine when YOU make the
volitional decisions necessary to make the Word of God the #1 priority in your life. God, thus,
causes you to grow up.
7. You are never fully grown until you reach the point of maximum Occupation
with Christ. Then you handle life magnificently and glorify God.
B. 2 Cor 5:14-17 “FOR LOVE FOR CHRIST CONTROLS US (motivates us)
BECAUSE WE HAVE REACHED THE CONCLUSION THAT ONE (JC) DIED AS A
SUBSTITUTE FOR ALL (the entire Human Race), THEREFORE, ALL (members of the
Human Race) DIED (real spiritual death at physical birth). AND HE (LJC) DIED AS A
SUBSTITUTE FOR ALL (Doctrine of Unlimited Atonement), IN ORDER THAT THOSE
WHO LIVE (believers in the Plan of God) SHOULD NO LONGER LIVE FOR
THEMSELVES, BUT FOR HIM WHO DIED AND WAS RESURRECTED. THEREFORE,
WE NOW NO LONGER REGARD ANYONE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF HUMAN
VIEWPOINT (cosmic wisdom), THOUGH WE ONCE VIEWED CHRIST THIS WAY, WE
DO SO NO LONGER.”
1. The key to the Plan of God is that the believer no longer lives for himself BUT
FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
2. In providing for the believer’s eternal salvation, God also provided everything
needed by the believer in time and eternity. However, this includes the means of changing
yourself, not others.
3. Occupation with Christ results in God-emphasis taking precedence over
people-emphasis in the believer’s life. The Lord Jesus Christ was not loved the way He wanted
to be loved, nor treated the way He wanted to be treated yet He didn’t have any unrealistic
expectations regarding people or circumstances.
4. “Regarding people from a human viewpoint” refers to unrealistic expectation
regarding people. Bible Doctrine has changed our perspective regarding them.
5. Though once we regarded the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ from
the human viewpoint, our perspective has changed with Bible Doctrine metabolized in our souls.
6. Once God-emphasis is corrected by doctrine, people-emphasis also receives
7. Wrong experience with God (apathy, indifference, rejection, ignorance) results
in wrong experience with people. This means that wrong relationship with God results in wrong
relationship with people. Once the relationship with God is corrected, then the perspective and
relationship with people can be corrected.
8. By giving Bible Doctrine the #1 priority in your life,
a. you have Personal Love for God the Father and therefore, fellowship
with the Father,
b. and you have Occupation with Christ and therefore fellowship with
God the Son.
9. As unbelievers we “viewed Christ from human perspective” meaning that we
were ignorant of who He was or what He did, we often used His name in blasphemy, profanity,
or in erroneous concepts. But, from Bible Doctrine metabolized in the soul, we no longer view
Him in this way but we view Him from the perspective of what Doctrine teaches, and thus He
becomes extremely attractive and we exhale Personal Love for Him.
C. 2 Cor 5:17 “SO THAT ANYONE IN CHRIST IS A NEW IN SPECIES
CREATION; THAT WHICH WAS FROM THE BEGINNING HAS ONCE AND FOR ALL
PASSED AWAY. BEHOLD THEY HAVE BECOME NEW IN SPECIES.”
1. That which is “new in species” is capable to not only knowing God in a new
way, but also having fellowship with Him.
2. The new in species creation (ktisis: the production of a creative act) is capable
of using the omnipotence of God the Holy Spirit for the execution of His plan.
3. However, the new in species must give precedence and priority to the study of
Bible Doctrine so that love for God and Occupation with Christ result.
4. Since the former creation has once and for all passed away, it is important that
the believer order his priorities consistent with his new creation.
5. So, the believer cannot be motivated by people and advance in the Christian
Way of Life.
V. FELLOWSHIP IN THE CHRISTIAN WAY OF LIFE IS A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE
HOLY TRINITY, NOT WITH MAN.
A. If one does have fellowship with God on the basis of Bible doctrine and spiritual
advance, he can then have fellowship with man. However, if he fails to maintain his fellowship
with God (Personal Love for God the Fathe r and Occupation with Christ) his relationships with
man will be a disaster.
B. 1 Jn 1:6 ‘IF WE ALLEGE THAT WE KEEP ON HAVING FELLOWSHIP WITH
HIM (God the Father) AND YET WE WALK IN DARKNESS (the Cosmic System), WE LIE
AND DO NOT PRACTICE DOCTRINE.”
1. “Practicing doctrine” is spiritual advance through metabolized Bible Doctrine
producing Personal Love for God the Father. This gives one God-emphasis over peopleemphasis.
2. However, people-emphasis in the life is evidence of the fact that the believer is
NOT practicing doctrine. One never puts people in the place of God and gets away with it. This
is the problem with churches which emphasize fellowship with man over doctrine.
3. When we (believers) receive our “call” – common grace in which the Gospel
became clear to us so that we could use efficacious grace to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ –
we were called to fellowship with God and not with people.
4. However, at that point we know more about people than we do about God the
Son because He is invisible whereas they are surrounding us. THEREFORE, WE MUST
LEARN ABOUT HIM.
5. Since every believer was called into fellowship with God the Son, to learn
about Him should be the number one priority of his life. But, this priority can’t be fulfilled
unless Bible Doctrine which teaches of Him is the #1 priority of one’s life.
C. So called Christian fellowship is nothing more than social life with other believers.
There is nothing wrong with that in itself, and it has a place in one’s life. However, it cannot be
the highest priority in one’s life.
1. Christian fellowship must never become a substitute for fellowship with God.
(One characteristic of apostacy in a local church is when they start putting Christian fellowship
over Bible doctrine).
2. Christian fellowship must never become a substitute or more important than
studying doctrine from your right pastor.
3. Spiritual growth, execution of the Plan of God for your life, and glorification
of Jesus Christ occur only through the perception and application (metabolization) of Bible
Doctrine, NOT through Christian fellowship.
4. Assembling together for Bible study or worship must never be confused with
Christian fellowship. Christian fellowship, social life with other Christians, is often an attempt
to encourage one another. However, it never lasts nor can it stand the test of adversity.
5. The believer’s encouragement must come from the metabolization of Bible
doctrine in order to be lasting.
D. Heb 10:25 “NOT FORSAKING THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES
TOGETHER AS IS THE HABIT OF SOME BELIEVERS, BUT (assembling for the purpose of)
ENCOURAGING ONE ANOTHER…”
1. The PRES/ACT/PTCP of parakalew – A VERBAL ADJECTIVE – a TELIC
PTCP (indicating the purpose of the action) – all of this means that the gathering together of the
local church is for the purpose of encouragement.
2. Encouragement in the local church is not sitting next to someone but receiving
the teaching of the Word of God from your right pastor.
3. We do not “assemble for the purpose of encouraging one another” as the KJV
says, but we assemble for the purpose of learning doctrine which is the source of our
4. Someone may encourage you or inspire you to attend class once, but that can’t
keep you there. What keeps you coming to Bible class is your own positive volition toward
Bible Doctrine, making it the #1 priority in your life.
E. The Disadvantages of Christian Fellowship:
1. The establishment of wrong priorities through the influence of confused or
2. The distraction from Bible doctrine through preoccupation with friendship and
romance in Christian fellowship.
3. The adoption of legalism through association with legalists in Christian
fellowship; legalism is contagious.
4. Involvement with antinomianism through association with promiscuous
5. Intensification of the problem of loneliness by attempting to solve it with
fellowship, leaning on people as a solution.
a. For believers with Bible doctrine in their souls, loneliness is one of the
easiest problems to solve.
b. Loneliness is a lack of love for God and lack of fellowship with Him; it
has nothing to do with people.
c. Loneliness is a problem of giving precedence to people over divine
orientation. People-emphasis over God-emphasis is a guarantee of loneliness.
d. Because one emphasizes people over God, you will become frustrated,
bitter and lonely.
e. Believers often use Christian fellowship as a dating bureau or a
marriage pool. Many erroneously believe that they can marry anyone so long as he/she is a
f. Those who have the problem of loneliness have no resources in their
souls, no interests, no hobbies.
F. On the other hand, Christian fellowship can be wonderful.
1. Whether it is wonderful or detrimental doesn’t depend on the fellowship as
such, but on the believer’s ability to discern virtue wherever it is. Neither legalism nor
lasciviousness have any virtue.
2. If the believer doesn’t put God first and Bible Doctrine as the #1 priority his
relationship with the people in his periphery will be a mess.
3. But fellowship with positive, growing believers who have virtue, honor and
integrity, who have Personal Love for God, Occupation with Christ and Impersonal Love for
man, and recognize the privacy of your priesthood will provide the believer with fantastic
Christian fellowship and some of the greatest friendships in life.
4. The advantage of such friendships is that one is not depending on them but on
the Lord. One is never threatened by them or in competition with them, he never engages in oneman-
up-man-ship. And, if they ever turn nasty, sarcastic or turn sour – it doesn’t cause upset
because one isn’t depending on them but on the Lord, and fellowship with Him takes care of it.
5. SO, ANYONE ENTERING INTO CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP WITH
UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS WILL NEVER GROW IN GRACE.
6. Therefore, if you get together with other believers in order to gain their
approbation, to get something from them, or to be admired by them, you will be mixed up the
rest of your life.
7. But, if you have a wonderful relationship with God, you can have fantastic
happiness whether in the company of other people or without it.
8. Social life can be a refreshing interlude, as it was designed to be under certain
circumstances. The believer must guard against it providing unrealistic expectations so that his
life becomes one of competition and no relaxation.
VI. THE MANDATE FOR OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST
A. Occupation with Christ is mandated by God for every believer in Hebrews 12:2 “BE
CONCENTRATING ON JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF OUR DOCTRINE,
WHO BECAUSE OF EXHIBITED HAPPINESS, HE ENDURED THE CROSS, HAVING
DISREGARDED THE SHAME AND SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE
THRONE OF GOD.
1. The PRES/ACT/PTCP of apharow meant to concentrate; with the PREP eis +
the ADVERBIAL ACCUSATIVE OF RESPECT from Iesous – it means: “be concentrating on
Jesus…” It is a mandate because it is an IMPERATIVE PTCP.
a. The DURATIVE PRESENT TENSE means that this is a mandate for
every generation of the Church Age. It indicates that Occupation with Christ is required of every
believer as the ultimate problem-solving device.
b. The ACTIVE VOICE indicates that the subject – the believer and only
the believer – produces the action of the verb. As a member of the Royal Family of God, he is
ordered to be occupied with the Lord Jesus Christ.
c. The IMPERATIVE PARTICIPLE tells us that it is a mandate and the
believer is disobedient if he fails to be Occupied with Christ. This means, therefore, that the
believer must grow spiritually to maturity, which means continuous residence and function in the
2. As a result of making Bible doctrine your #1 priority, you learn about the Lord
Jesus Christ in the living Word of God. Thus, BOTH the written Word and the living Word
become the highest priority in your life. And, you can’t enter spiritual adulthood without this
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is the author and perfecter of our doctrine. Thus, all
precedence for the believer’s operation in the Church Age is taken from the Great Power
Experiment of the Hypostatic Union; our Lord Jesus Christ Himself becomes the prototype for
4. Furthermore, according to 1 Cor 2:16, Bible doctrine is called the thinking of
Christ; consequently it is most important that the believer learn Bible doctrine.
5. The name for our Lord’s humanity, “Jesus” is used to emphasize His humanity
in the Hypostatic Union.
a. Our Lord Jesus Christ faced the greatest pressures of His entire life
when He faced the cross.
b. Being true humanity, His deity could not come to His aid in this great
c. His attitude was that of “happiness” says Heb 12:2. “Chara” is the 8th
problem solving device and it refers to sharing the happiness of God. He used that happiness
inside the prototype Divine Dynasphere when He was being judged for our sins. One of the
greatest exhibitions of happiness in all of human history was when our Lord stayed on the cross
while being judged for the sins of the world. +H gave Him great endurance.
d. hupomenw means “to endure, to suffer under the greatest of all adverse
circumstances and not to give up.” When He received the imputation of our sins and their
judgment it took great endurance. 1 Pet 3:18
e. Personal Love for God also made it possible for the Lord Jesus Christ
to “disregard the shame.” He was able to concentrate on God, rather than on people at the time
of this great crisis.
f. The same Filling of the Holy Spirit providing omnipotence PLUS the
omnipotence of the Word of God is available to the believer in spiritual maturity today and
throughout the entire Church Age.
B. 1 Peter 3:15 – “BUT SANCTIFY THE LORD CHRIST IN YOUR SOULS….”
1. This is a command to be in Occupation with Christ.
2. The AOR/ACT/IMPV of hagiazw means to “set Him apart in your souls.” The
soul is the place of epignosis and of Sophia. He can ONLY be “set apart” through maximum
perception and application of doctrine.
3. The CONSTANTIVE AORIST contemplates the VERB in its entirety – the
function of Occupation with Christ throughout spiritual adulthood.
4. In the ACTIVE VOICE the Church Age believer produces the action by
consistent perception of doctrine.
5. IMPV is a command that we use Occupation with Chirst.
VII. OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST BEGINS AT SPIRITUAL SELF ESTEEM
A. When the believer reaches Spiritual Self Esteem, it is the first time in his life when he
truly begins to focus on who and what God is and he enjoys fellowship with God.
B. At the same time as he continues his spiritual growth, he notices that focus on God
causes him to NOT focus on people. Thus, he stops competing with people, worrying about
people, talking about people in slander, gossip, judging and starts using Impersonal Love toward
people. This is the beginning of Occupation with Christ in its initial stages.
C. Gal 4:19 describes Occupation with Christ in Spiritual Self Esteem: “MY YOUNG
STUDENTS, I KEEP ON HAVING GREAT ANGUISH, STRAIN AND FRUSTRATED
LONGING UNTIL CHRIST IS FORMED IN YOU.”
Wdinw = metaphorically: great anguish, hard physical work, emotional or mental strain
or ardent frustrated longing
1. This means the character of the Lord Jesus Christ formed in the believer’s
thinking. At all times, Christ will have precedence in one’s thinking.
2. This means that for the first time in one’s life, no one can do anything to hurt
the believer. People can undermine you, turn against you, but you are no longer hurt by people
because you are Occupied with Christ and are impervious to all the things people can do in this
life that can hurt you.
3. Usually when people are hurt, they make an issue out of self and become
arrogant, subjective and feel sorry for themselves. Once a believer reaches Spiritual Self Estee,
and he is Occupied with Christ, this can no longer happen.
4. This doesn’t mean that you simply grit your teeth and carry on as if nothing
happened, but that you are totally relaxed, totally happy and you have a personal sense of destiny
in spite of abuse from man.
5. The character of Christ formed in one’s thinking comes from learning pertinent
doctrines related to the Lord Jesus Christ so that he comes to love Lord Jesus Christ above
everything else. Then he relates grace and grace function to Him.
D. With Bible Doctrine as the #1 priority in your life, you have changed the focus of
your life to Personal Love for God the Father and Occupation with Christ.
VIII. OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST INCREASES IN SPIRITUAL AUTONOMY
A. Occupation with Christ is characterized by the believer thinking independently of
others (apart from being taught by the Pastor/Teacher) in the second stage of spiritual
1. When the believer stops leaning on other people for advice and counsel and
uses the problem solving devices of the Christian Way of Life in an independent manner so that
his problems remain his own, he is in stage 2, spiritual autonomy.
2. There are a number of errors made by childish believers:
a. Building a friendship on counseling;
b. Using others for a crutch in your life, depending on how they feel, what
they would do in your situation, etc.;
c. Discussing your problems with other people. Learn to keep your
problems to yourself and grow up.
d. Allowing problems to “fester” under the guise of “working through
them.” That is simple failure to apply the specific doctrine under obedience to God.
B. Eph 3:17: “…SO THAT CHRIST MAY SETTLE DOWN AND BE AT HOME IN
YOUR SOULS THROUGH DOCTRINE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN ROOTED AND
ESTABLISHED IN LOVE (for Christ).”
1. Once the Character of Christ is formed inside your soul, you advance to where
Christ has settled down and is at home in your soul.
2. Your #1 priority is doctrine plus Occupation with Christ. Bible doctrine as the
written word causes the Living Word, Jesus Christ to be the #1 priority in your life.
a. You can’t begin with ignorance of Lord Jesus Christ and give Him any
priority status in your soul.
b. The priority is established through metabolization of Bible Doctrine
giving you wisdom inside the Divine Dynasphere.
c. You concentrate on this #1 priority and then you concentrate on the
problem solving devices as you learn them and use them. It requires concentration to utilize
these things; the key to life is concentration. The more you concentrate, the more you can
d. You organize your life around your #1 priority so that you can continue
in spiritual adulthood and under spiritual autonomy you learn doctrine from your right pastor so
that you can pass the momentum testing.
3. You organize your thinking so that Occupation with Christ is both a problem
solving device as well as a basis for your worship.
C. In spiritual autonomy, nothing in your life depends upon outside influence. You
depend entirely upon the fantastic accumulation of Bible Doctrine in your soul.
IX. OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST REACHES ITS PEAK IN SPIRITUAL MATURITY
A. Spiritual maturity, the status of the “winner” and the “invisible hero” is characterized
by spiritual invincibility.
B. Phil 1:20: “ON THE BASIS OF MY EAGER EXPECTATION AND ABSOLUTE
SETTLED CONFIDENCE, THAT IN NOTHING SHALL I BE DISGRACED, BUT IN
ASSOCIATION WITH ASSURED FEARLESSNESS, AS ALWAYS, SO NOW, CHRIST
SHALL BE MAGNIFIED, EXALTED IN MY BODY, WHETHER BY MEANS OF LIFE OR
C. The ultimate in Occupation with Christ is when He is magnified, exalted in the
believer’s body, whether he is in a state of living or in a state of dying.
D. Note the advance:
1. First, Christ (His character) is formed in the believer in Spiritual Self Esteem.
2. Second, Christ is at home in the believer in Spiritual Adulthood.
3. Third, He moves from the soul to the total life, from the area thinking to
application to living, and Christ is exalted in the believer’s body – that is in every function of his
life. The body controlled by the soul not the soul controlled by the body. Thus, the believer is
no longer a slave to his body and all of its lusts, but the soul under Occupation with Christ
controls the body (life).
E. Again, Bible Doctrine as the written Word becomes the means that the Lord Jesus
Christ as the Living Word, has become the #1 priority in your life. As a result you have a dual
priority: Bible Doctrine and Jesus Christ… the written Word and the Living Word.
1. This dual priority is established through continual metabolization of Bible
Doctrine inside the Divine Dynasphere.
2. Because you have passed Providential Preventative Suffering and Momentum
Testing, your ability to concentrate is much stronger and you have the ability to concentrate in
the midst of great pressure. This also qualifies you to pass evidence testing, which requires the
ultimate in concentration on doctrine in adverse experiences of life.
3. You organize your life around the dual priority so that you continue to learn
doctrine from your right pastor.
a. Some believers fail at this crucial point because they think they don’t
need this any longer and they allow Bible teaching to be deemphasized assuming that they have
enough in their souls.
b. However, evidence testing provides great confusion in life giving you
great instability around you – everything seems to be falling apart in your periphery.
c. Therefore, you must concentrate through confusion. To do so you must
organize your life around your dual priority.
F. This priority solution becomes the mechanics for glorifying God to the maximum in
the Christian Way of Life.
G. Occupation with Christ and Evidence Testing.
1. Evidence testing is Satan’s cross-examination of every witness presented by
God in the appeal trial of Satan as part of the resolution of the Angelic Conflict.
a. In Eternity Past God tested the volition of angels; some went positive
and became elect angels; others went negative, following Lucifer and became demons or fallen
b. Lucifer (Satan/Devil) objected that a loving God could not treat his
creatures in such a manner.
c. To resolve this Angelic Conflict, God created an inferior being,
mankind, with only one thing in common with those angels: he gave them free will and volition.
d. Every time a human being chooses to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ
and be saved, it becomes a means of demonstration to Lucifer and the demons that God was
absolutely just in doing what He did.
e. Satan appealed his conviction to God, and the trial is now going on.
f. Every believer who through his own free will and volition perseveres to
spiritual maturity is an argument or witness for the prosecution against Satan.
g. Evidence testing is Satan’s cross-examination of every witness
presented by God.
h. In human history, man’s thoughts, motives, decisions and actions are
entered as evidence or exhibits and arguments in this trial.
2. No believer qualifies as a witness until he has attained spiritual maturity,
tantamount to the fulfillment of the Plan of God for his life.
a. To qualify the believer must have successfully passed through
Providential Preventative Suffering in spiritual self-esteem,
b. and through momentum testing in spiritual autonomy,
c. continuing his priority of Bible doctrine in maturity.
3. In his cross examination of the believer, Satan attempts to discredit the
believer who attains spiritual maturity. He tries to do it through suffering.
4. Though Satan administers the tests, God places certain restrictions on him (as
in the case of Job).
5. There are two categories of evidence testing:
a. The relationship to the Plan of God test as illustrated by our Lord Jesus
Christ in Matt 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13
b. The relationship to life test as illustrated by Job.
6. The mature believer doesn’t take both tests; which one he receives is a matter
of the sovereignty of God.
7. The relationship to the Plan of God test is seen in the three unique temptations
of our Lord Jesus Christ, related to His humanity (Deity can’t be tempted):
a. Relationship with God the Holy Spirit Mt 4:1-4
b. Relationship with the Word of God Mt 4:5-7
c. Relationship with the Plan of God Mt 4:8-10
8. Rather than performing miracles from the source of His own power, our Lord
instead used the greatest power ever known in the history of the human race: Bible Doctrine, in
all three parts of His evidence testing.
a. Bible Doctrine is the greatest power the world has ever known… it is
far greater than God performing miracles.
b. When God performs miracles it requires only His sovereignty.
c. When a believer uses Bible Doctrine and makes correct application,
and advances in the Plan of God through the use of that Bible Doctrine, it is the greatest power
and highest function that any member of the human race can attain.
9. Job took the relationship to life test: after receiving his escrow blessing, it was
all swept away in the first part of Job’s test:
a. Loss of prosperity Job 1
b. Loss of health, social life and attractiveness Job 2:1-10
c. Loss of friends and receiving maligning from former friends Job 2:11-
end of Job
10. Job passed the first two parts, failed the third, recovered and received his
escrow blessings back DOUBLED in all three categories after he passed evidence testing.
11. While evidence testing comes quickly, without any notice or warning and
always occurs at a time when least expected since the believer has reached a peak in his spiritual
life, IT IS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY UNDESERVED SUFFERING. It is very severe.
However, it near puts on the believer more than he can bear.
12. When evidence testing is passed by the believer, it results in a great
phenomenon: a doubling of escrow blessing! While God isn’t saying, “Double or nothing,” it
seems like that at the time the evidence testing is administered.
13. The pattern of evidence testing is found in Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7 and Zech 3:1,2
(In the latter Zechariah the high priest had been entered as a witness for the prosecution, and was
cross-examined by Satan. But, God the Son said to Satan: “God the Father rebuke you!”)
14. The only way to pass the evidence testing is through Occupation with Christ.
H. The believer concentrates on “sanctifying the Lord Jesus Christ in your soul,” (1 Peter
3:15) so that there is maximum invisible impact on your life.
I. At this point, Occupation with Christ equates living with dying, as in Phil 1:21: “FOR
ME LIVING IS CHRIST AND DYING IS PROFIT.” With Occupation with Christ the
experience dying is the greatest experience in life. Dying isolates you from normal living, but
with Occupation with Christ, dying is profit.
J. The three advances of Occupation with Christ in spiritual adulthood are:
1. In Spiritual Self Esteem, “the love for Christ motivates us…” 2 Cor 5:14
2. In Spiritual Autonomy, we “sanctify the Lord Christ in our hearts…” 1 Ps
3. In Spiritual Maturity, “living is Christ, dying is profit.” Phil 1:21
K The priority solution then is:
Concentration on Priority #1 (Lord Jesus Christ & Bible Doctrine) +
Organizing your life around Priority #1 +
Organizing your thinking around Priority #1 +
Concentration on Christ as your priority solution =
OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST AS THE FOCUS OF YOUR LIFE.
X. OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST INTERACTS WITH OTHER PROBLEM SOLVING
DEVICES as explained in 1 Peter 1:7&8
“THAT THE GENUINENESS OF YOUR DOCTRINE MAY BE PROVED, BEING
MORE PRECIOUS THAN GOLD THAT PERISHES, EVEN THOUGH TESTED BY FIRE,
MAY BE DISCOVERED TO RESULT IN PRAISE AND GLORY AND HONOR AT THE
REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST.”
The believer functions under doctrine while being Occupied with Christ –
meeting the various tests as they come – resulting in glorification of Jesus Christ. Happiness is
brought out in the next verse:
“AND THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIM (Jesus Christ is invisible) BUT YOU
BELIEVE IN HIM (Bible Doctrine has made the invisible One visible to you) YOU REJOICE
WITH GREAT INNER HAPPINESS WHICH IS INEXPRESSIBLE.”
XI. THE PATTERN FOR LOSERS:
A. Losers are those believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who are negative toward doctrine
and who fail to execute the Plan of God.
B. They do not lose their salvation, but they fail to become invisible heroes and thereby
C. The loser has the wrong priorities and therefore, cannot produce the mechanics
required for Occupation with Christ.
1. His priorities may be Christian fellowship, Christian service, emotional
experience, etc. all placed above learning Bible doctrine.
2. Whether legalism or antinomianism, wrong priorities leads to emphasis on
self, people, circumstances, things. Anything placed before Bible doctrine can never be a source
of happiness but will of misery.
3. Therefore, all losers have unrealistic expectations and he thus concentrates on
fulfilling them from wrong priorities. He has never learned:
“BUT SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS
RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU.” Matt
4. The loser organizes his life around these wrong priorities and fails to function
under the daily inhale of Bible doctrine so that he can’t organize his thinking around doctrine.
5. He is indifferent to or neglects the only thing that can give him the right
perspective, Bible doctrine.
6. All that’s left to him is to think according to the information fed into his soul
from Satan’s cosmic system so that he operates from arrogance, pseudo-truth, hatred and
D. Therefore, the loser can’t use the wonderful problem solving devices of the Christian
Way of Life and the priority solution, Occupation with Christ. You can’t be Occupied with
Christ and at the same time be living in the cosmic system. Occupation with Christ demands
maximum perception of Bible doctrine.
E. As a loser he becomes a cosmic Christian, involved in emotional revolt of the soul,
scar tissue of the soul, black-out of the soul, reverse process reversionism and eventually
F. As a result he loses his escrow blessing for time and for eternity.
G. He may have a few moments of temporal happiness but he does not share God’s +H.
H. Therefore, there is no way he can ever glorify God.
I. Heb 10:35,36: “THEREFORE, DO NOT THROW AWAY AS WORTHLESS YOUR
CONFIDENCE WHICH KEEPS ON HAVING RICH DISTRIBUTION OF (escrow)
BLESSING. BUT YOU KEEP ON HAVING NEED OF PERSEVERENCE, SO THAT WHEN
YOU HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD, YOU MAY RECEIVE THE DEPOSIT (escrow
blessing for time) WHICH HAVE BEEN PROMISED.”
Perseverance means residence and function inside the Divine Dynasphere and the
daily metabolization of Bible doctrine.
To do the will of God means to stick to Occupation with Christ through the three
stages of spiritual adulthood.
XII. OCCUPATION WITH CHRIST AS A FOUNDATION OR BASIS
A. It is the basis by which the mature believer contributes to national blessing – Deut
B. It is the basis for preservation in testing – Ps 31:23,24
C. It is the basis for stability and gr eat happiness – Ps 16:8,9
D. It results in super grace escrow blessing – Ps 37:4,5
E. Basis for strength under pressure – Heb 11:27
F. It causes the believer to avoid soul fatigue – Heb 12:3